PDA

View Full Version : How to keep your sanity while waiting for test/biopsy result?

PattiRDH
25-04-15, 21:24
Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forum. So happy I found this as it feels good to know that I am not alone. I have developed health anxieties in the last few years. Overall, I have been in very good health. But I have an incredible fear of c****r. Right now I have been dealing with a rash that has spreading on my lower body. Of course, I go and google rashes and come across a rare lymphoma. Just had a biopsy yesterday at the dermatologist and won't have the results for 2 more weeks. My GP and dermatologist don't think I have it and my blood tests came back normal but I no one can ease my mind. I am terrified! Trying to stay off google. I often want to go to it to ease my fears but instead it only convinces me that I have c****r. GP prescribed Lexapro but it will probably take 1-2 weeks to kick in. Also, I start therapy in a week for anxiety. How do you deal with the wait?

Frankie123
26-04-15, 18:47
Waiting for the results is always the most difficult time and it always seems to be such a long time. I don't really have any answers as to how to deal with it because I think we all have the same problem. Please let us know how you get on.