PDA

View Full Version : Cannot cope with all these symptoms help!!!!

andrewjdavid2005
22-01-07, 16:48
I really don't think that i have ever felt so bad, i have been feeling so awful lately and nothing i do makes it any better.

My symptoms are:-

*Restlessness
*Feeling Edgy
*Forgetfulness
*Feeling very tired all the time
*Feel like i cant motivate myself to do anything
*Feeling very tense and it makes me angry inside
*Feel like i am going mad

I was upped from 5mg to 10mg of Cipralex around 10 days ago.

I am trying everything to feel better but nothing seems to work, i am taking vitamins and minerals and omega fish oils and also taking exercise when i can but none of it is helping me right now.

I have never felt so tired in my life, i am sleeping ok but by 3 or 4 in the afternoon i start feeling very tired and then i start feeling very edgy, restless and tense etc and by 9 or 10 i have to go to bed.

I have always been a late night person, i normally go to bed around 1 or 2 and now and again 3 in the morning so this is very unusual for me and it is really worrying me.

Why am i feeling so bad and why am i so tired?

clickaway
22-01-07, 17:43
Andrew,

The symptoms you have are quite typical, and I have all of them.

Many of us find this time of year difficult and often our anxiety is worse. In your case, you are having to adjust with the new baby, so please tell yourself why you are having this bad phase.

What is your daily routine? Please try and get some targets for your day to take you away from your worries. Just drifting through the day is no good.

Do you go out to work or not?

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

darkangel
22-01-07, 18:41
hi andrew
sorry to hear you are not too well at the moment
i used to feel like i had ran a marathon as i was always exhausted but in fact i hadnt done a thing - well apart from having to constantly battle with the anxiety thoughts - this can be very draining.
The list of symtoms you are describing would seem to be related to anxiety. Have you felt the sypmtons are worse since increasing your meds?
Darkangel x

........life is for living not just for surviving

andrewjdavid2005
22-01-07, 20:59
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Andrew,

The symptoms you have are quite typical, and I have all of them.

Many of us find this time of year difficult and often our anxiety is worse. In your case, you are having to adjust with the new baby, so please tell yourself why you are having this bad phase.

What is your daily routine? Please try and get some targets for your day to take you away from your worries. Just drifting through the day is no good.

Do you go out to work or not?

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

<div align="right">Originally posted by clickaway - 22 January 2007 : 17:43:27</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Thanks for the reply Ray, i have adjusted to the baby as she will be a year old soon.

I don't really have a routine, i suppose i do sort of drift through the day.

I don't work no i help look after the baby and my stepchildren who have mild cystic fibrosis.

andrewjdavid2005
22-01-07, 21:01
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">hi andrew
sorry to hear you are not too well at the moment
i used to feel like i had ran a marathon as i was always exhausted but in fact i hadnt done a thing - well apart from having to constantly battle with the anxiety thoughts - this can be very draining.
The list of symtoms you are describing would seem to be related to anxiety. Have you felt the sypmtons are worse since increasing your meds?
Darkangel x

........life is for living not just for surviving

<div align="right">Originally posted by darkangel - 22 January 2007 : 18:41:05</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

The upping of my medication hasn't really made any difference to be honest, i have been feeling like this for around 2 weeks.

andrewjdavid2005
22-01-07, 21:03
What i would really like to know is:-

1.What can i do to get rid of this fatigue/restlessness/feeling edgy.

2.What can i do to try and get rid of the dizziness.

3.Even though i don't really have thoughts why is it that these symptoms seem to be alot worse in late afternoon/early evening? and get worse and worse up until the time i go to bed?

4.Why does my face/arms/back/chest/stomach/legs etc feel like they are going to explode?

seeker
23-01-07, 23:30
Well, they are all related, really. The dizziness is casued by shallow breathing - constant hyperventilation. the tense, sore muscles by adrenaline priming them to be ready to run and fatigue from your body being this 'ready to run'/. have you read through the 'first steps' pages on the main no panic website? that tells you a lot of info about why you are feeling this way. then maybe you can start to break the cycle with bretathing and relaxation exercises.

seeker
23-01-07, 23:31
ps they get worse thorughout the day becasue you panic about them more throughout the day and relax at night time!