PDA

View Full Version : Finally joined!!

Leah1971
26-04-15, 04:25
Hi there all, my name is Leah, and I'm from Australia.

I'm 43 years old and have been suffering from anxiety and PAs on and off since I was 24. This latest episode began just before Christmas. I think it's been triggered from long term stress from work and just the normal build up to Christmas.

I've started on Lexapro about the middle of January and am on 20mgs (just for the last 2 weeks) and was doing really well until a relationship breakdown. I feel like I'm back at square one with the anxiety, PAs, nausea and palps. I'm trying to be patient and give the meds time to kick in to help settle me down again but it's hard.

I'm so glad I've found this site to speak with others who know what this feels like. Sometime just hearing the right words help a lot.

Thanks for reading.
Leah.

venusbluejeans
26-04-15, 04:31
Hiya Leah1971 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Armywife1981
26-04-15, 21:58
Hi Leah,

I'm new here too. Sorry to hear your in the grips of anxiety at the moment, I know how you feel.

I am currently trying to wean myself off Prozac which I have been taking for almost a year for anxiety, depression, Pdst. I'm so scared of feeling like I did before the meds but I also don't want to feel numb on Prozac forever. Sure it makes me feel better but I do feel quite numb, like nothing upsets me (which is good)but the nothing seems to excite me either . ,!!is this the 1st medication you have tried ? What are your other experiences if any?.

I hope this message finds you well and I hope the medication is starting to help xx