PDA

View Full Version : anxiety

hogwarts
22-01-07, 17:07
Can anyone relate to this when i have a panic attack i think i am going to have a stroke or pass out is it me or is this another symptom of anxiety please help i seem to worry to much?

Gareth.

jo61
22-01-07, 17:09
Hi Gareth, it is indeed a symptom of anxiety. Panic attacks are very scary and I feel as if I'm going to keel over, even though it hasn't happened for a while (the feeling, not the keeling over!). Try not to worry about it, though I know that's easier said than done.

Love Jox

hogwarts
22-01-07, 17:15
Thanks Jo.

Its not very nice at all is it i get lots of thing going around in my head at the time i just try to walk away but sometimes it follows me if you know what i mean i am stating the C.B.T course on friday with my theripist have you tried this yet?

Gareth.

Sax
22-01-07, 17:25
Hi Gareth,

Just to say I too as many people here can relate to the feeling like you are going to faint. Having not had a PA in over a yr I had one last Wednesday, was horrid as I have young boys to look after. I kept thinking if I pass out what will happen to them!!! Anyway, just to say I didn't and although the feeling is very paramount I don't think this occurs very often.
Horrid horrid feeling though!!!

I see a lot of good results here onsite where cbt has been useful and I wish you all the well with your course.

love Sax xx

Nick1981
22-01-07, 21:03
Hi Garath,
Its completely normal to feel like your going to pass out during a panic attack. But when you think about it whats the chance- a panic attack is your body trying to protect you (albeit at completely the wrong time). Your body is preparing for the 'fight or flight' response and in this state your body cant afford to allow you to pass out. It helped me to think "even if i did pass out, so what", if you do pass out your body will take over your breathing etc. I appreciate what im about to say is MUCH EASIER said than done but... Try not to worry!! Dont fight the panic, let it out, better still challenge it to happen, ask it to "do its worse, bring it on" if you dont fear it what has it got to feed on?? Ive been dealing with Acute anxity and panic for nearly a year and have tried loads in this time but the most powerful tool i have found is the mind.
Hope this helps
Nick

It does get better

debjay
25-01-07, 09:46
thanks for all messages it makes me feel better that im not on my own and there is a lot of people who suffer from anxiety and panick and with the same symptoms as me at times ive been totally convinced that im going to die or that ive got some incurable disease but it has put my mind at rest knowing theres other people who feel the same. thans deb xx