PDA

View Full Version : Jaw ache

wheredidthiscomefrom
26-04-15, 14:06
I am a 33 yo guy, and i had a collapled lung and subsequent operation last year. Since then ive struggled with god damn health anxiety... initially the focus was my lungs, but recently my focus has been my heart since I started getting a strange cold sensation when breathing in, and SOB and heart palpitations over the last few weeks... I went to the doctor and had a ECG and bloods - apparently all fine. Since a week last Friday my jaw has been aching - the pain is kinda vague and difficult to place, sometimes it is really sharp. I've also has some pain and numbness in my right arm. Does this plus the SOB and palpitations sound like a serious problem?

I'm really freaking out and feel really low mentally ... I'm gonna phone the doctor again tomorrow but could do with an reassurance that everything will be fine ... esp as tomorrow is my birthday :(

ElliStar
26-04-15, 22:37
I've had jaw ache before and achy arms, sharp pain in my arms and all sorts. Those things can be caused by anxiety so in your case, as you've had an ECG and blood tests, it's probably anxiety. Try your best to forget it and it will ease. But by all means go see the doctor for further reassurance.