PDA

View Full Version : enxiety/panics where replaced with extreem depression

nuke777
26-04-15, 16:35
When I first took mirt a litle over a month ago it was like a gods gift to man kind, my anxiety and panic attacks were gone, I could hardly belive it was possible. However a month in to it I started feeling very anti-social, I didn't feel like smiling or talking to anyone. My mood plummeted to the bottom of the lake. Last week I felt so depressed, such an utter hopeless feeling that I never experienced in my life. mind you I don't have a history of depression but what I felt last week is definitely a depression. I stopped taking mirt and started taking 75ml effexor 4 days ago to bring my mood back. its gradually returning to how it was but so is the crippling anxiety.

Its a real shame that mirt is such a double aged sword, it takes anxiety away but brings extreme depression :( . I still hope I can combine the effexor to bring my mood up and mirt to take panics and anxiety away. anyone had similar experience? does your mood improve after few month? anyone tried combining the two together?

aprilmoon
26-04-15, 21:21
Hi
I was on this combo last year ( aka California Rocket Fuel) and they pulled me back from a very dark place.
I was also on a sml dose of Olanzapine for residual anxiety.
I'm now off Mirt,but found it really good in getting me well again,and giving me an excellent nights sleep.
I'm now still on Venlafaxine (185mg) but will probably begin to taper down a little when I go for my next review.
You don't say what dose of Mirt you were on,but it was only when my dose was upped to 30mg that I felt a real difference.
Hope you're feeling benefits soon :)

nuke777
26-04-15, 22:36
thanks for reply.
I was prescribed 30mg right away, and it worked the next morning, I was shocked. My appetite was great, my sleep was amazing, no anxiety or panic attacks. but after a month in to it you know what happened :(. I'm curently off it for one day and I don't feel any withdrawals. Did you feel your mood drastically lowered? depression? suicidal thoughts.......it really scared me, I never have these thoughts.

aprilmoon
26-04-15, 22:42
Do you mean when I came off the mirt?
I found the combo great for getting me out of depression, but my anxiety was still really bad,hence the Olanzapine.
That did the trick.

nuke777
27-04-15, 00:32
it is so strange how the same pill will react so differently for every body. once effexor stabilizes in my system I will give mirt another try.

I was off these pills for a good 3 years, but I gradually started noticing my social anxiety and other negative thoughts started to come back in the last year (tho panic attacks and anxiety always stayed)....... I wonder if there is a permanent cure for this?