PDA

View Full Version : too scared too sleep again tonight

crazymum25
26-04-15, 22:48
Keep checking my leg and pulse so scared too sleep still think I have a blood clot ..... Even tho hospital sent me home day before yesterday nightmare ... Too scared too take sleeping tablets ..... Help

Fishmanpa
26-04-15, 23:03
I'm sorry you're so frightened. if the hospital sent you home then you have nothing to fear. The only thing that will happen is that you will go without sleep.

Positive thoughts

crazymum25
27-04-15, 00:12
They can get it wrong tho and it's been aday already

---------- Post added 27-04-15 at 00:12 ---------- Previous post was 26-04-15 at 23:25 ----------

Help

Alice1
27-04-15, 06:08
If its been a day already then a lot of potential danger has passed. Rest and you will better. I had the same fears but everything turned out to be ok and I went on to worry about something else. Try and distract yourself with friends and family, or even a good tv show and breathe into the fact that you are going to live no matter what you believe. You are strong and your body has the capabilities to overcome more than we can imagine and your life will be long and full of happiness. Just be patient and you'll see it will get better.

countrygirl
27-04-15, 11:33
I'm guessing you have already had blood test to rule out DVT in your leg at the hospital. They tend to take DVT very seriously and like to rule it out first.

Remember that leg pain etc can be caused by a whole host of none serious causes like a bit of a dodgy spine.

I totally sympathise about the not being able to sleep but you get into a bad circle of worrying about sleep so can't sleep. Taking a sleeping pill for a few nights will do you no longterm harm or take one every other night for a few days to see if you can break the cycle.