PDA

View Full Version : New Member, Posting at Last!

Enoughalready!
27-04-15, 02:01
Hello all!

After at least a few months of lurking, I've finally joined. I've been dealing with health anxiety for many years, and even though I manage it fairly well most of the time, I still have tough times with it (like now. Ugh.) I've found a lot of comfort in reading posts from so many of you who sound so much like me.

I've recently decided to really forge ahead with moving towards recovery and am trying to take every step I need to take in order to put my daily anxiety behind me. Just managing it isn't enough. I want to live without unnecessary fear!

Today I have a doctor appointment to discuss symptoms that have bothered me in the back of my mind for years in hopes that I can put an end to the "what ifs" that plague me. I feel this is a big step for me as I am the type who is anxious just to go to the doctor because I fear a terrible outcome. Hopefully, I'll be given a totally clean bill of health, but if not...then I can at least get treated for whatever may ail me. Naturally, I've been feeling very nervous about it, but I know it's what I need to do. Ack!!!

Anyway, hello. Nice to meet you. :)

venusbluejeans
27-04-15, 02:07
Hiya Enoughalready! and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Gotagetthroughthis
27-04-15, 02:42
:welcome: