PDA

View Full Version : Diazepam 5mg anabolic steroids

stemac1982
27-04-15, 18:34
I'm not looking for a lecture as I'm aware of the dangers , I'm currently running a course of anabolic steroids I train daily I diet correctly but I suffer from panic attacks . I take diazepam 5mg as and when needed and a few times I've had a scary moment maybe due to the steroids and I've taken a diazepam and it's calmed me down and everything's back to normal , problem is the further I'm getting into my course the more paranoid I'm feeling and the diazepam don seem to e working as good would it be ok to maybe up my dosage I'm 32 6ft male 14 stone

Davit
27-04-15, 18:41
Ten mg split in two doses is okay for a year, I did that when I was 28. Diazapam is the safest benzo and the easiest to come off.

One thing is that it takes 15 minutes to work so it is best to accept this and wait 15 minutes to see if it subsides on its own. This leaves you with a max of a half hour of anxiety, just stay busy. You may find as I did that it was not necessary every day.

MyNameIsTerry
28-04-15, 06:13
Thats a tricky one as it might depend on what the steroids are doing.

I'm wondering if you might get some advice from the guys on the bodybuilding forums? I've read threads on them where there have been a fair few on antidepressants and I'm betting roids will be on the go with some of them so they have have some ideas about what they have seen.

Is there no possible interaction issue between the 2?

There certainly are people on higher dosages than 5mg but you also would need to consider the issue of them stopping working like they seem to be now. If you take them daily then this might be more of an issue so its worth checking how best to avoid the habit forming issue as you will want to come back down to 5mg without needing to go through withdrawal. Hopefully someone will be able to advise on this shortly.

Drugs.com shows 10mg 2-4 per day for anxiety.

The steriod element is something I doubt people on here can advise on though.