PDA

View Full Version : Penile troubles/Balanitis

OGNinjaDon
27-04-15, 18:59
So i've been suffering with an ongoing issue that really started my whole health anxiety off, I've seen a few people and got various answers so I would like to run them through you guys and hope somebody in a similar position could help explain.

- Issue started with dark red rash around tops of thighs
- Then moved to the scrotum (completely covered the scrotum)
- Stayed there for a long time, few weeks, tried every type of anti-fungal and nothing seemed to work
- Then moved to my penile glans, whilst still on the scrotum
- Started using the creams there and nothing seemed to help
- Scrotum cleared up (steroid cream helped)
- Now had the issue on my penis for a long time

- I've tried steroid creams, daktakort, daktarin, hydrocortisone, clotrimozole, many different types of antifungal, nothing seemed to help
- Betamethasone (steroid) cream seemed to help to begin with, but then started getting a lot worse, i think the steroid cream burned through my skin and caused more irritation
- Stopped using steroid cream and moved to daktakort, the red patches seemed to clear up more but never went
- Saw a dermatologist, she said everything looks fine, carry on using moisturizing cream, it's not likely to be fungal
- So stopped everything apart from the moisturizer and now a new problem

- The overall redness of the area (glans and under glans) has cleared up a lot, but the area has started peeling

- My main question is, when skin is going through a healing stage, can all the skin start to peel off? Or is it likely that the issue is getting worse again?

Another thing to mention is that i've started getting small red bumps around my skin in various places at random, and those areas are incredibly itchy. So i think i have started developing some dry skin troubles as well, not sure if this has any connection as I was experiencing balanitis before the other skin issues.

Hopefully somebody can help shed some light on this situation. It's not that i don't believe anyone, i do believe it's nothing to worry about, but it's very hard to find answers in the right place without using google. So though I would try getting an answer on here.

Thanks.

Pipkin
27-04-15, 19:28
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Pip

OGNinjaDon
30-04-15, 19:09
bump