PDA

View Full Version : Bathroom anxiety

zx123
27-04-15, 19:27
I have a problem were I worry about needing the to use the toilet but not being able to get there in time. I also avoid eating when I am out or before I go on a journey because I worry that I will need to use the bathroom. Because of this problem I always use the bathroom before I go out somewhere or I need to know where the public bathrooms are when I am go somewhere.

I sometimes feel as though I need to urinate even though I have urinated not long before. When I catch a bus I sometimes feel as though I need to urinate even though I have gone to the toilet not long before.

This all started when I had an experience where I needed to use the bathroom, but because I was on a bus I was unable to do so.

~Has anyone else experienced this and what is the best treatment?

Fishmanpa
27-04-15, 19:30
From the Symptoms Section....

Kidneys, urgency to urinate, frequent urination, sudden urge to go to the toilet

What you feel:

You have an urgent need to go to the toilet, even though you may have just gone. Starts decreasing urine output but initially wants to get rid of everything already waiting to be excreted. May need to visit the loo urgently.

What causes this:

High stress biology produces the need to eliminate. It does so because when the body prepares for action, it wants to eliminate all waste matter in order to make the body as well prepared for action as possible. Having all excess baggage removed, the individual will be at their peak readiness in order to 'fight or run' – the 'fight or flight' response, produced by the Emergency alarm.

This symptom is very common and often experienced by stage performers just before they are to perform. Unfortunately, for those who experience anxiety disorder, a high level of stress biology will produce this symptom, and as long as the stress biology is high, the symptom will be produced. That's just how the body was engineered.

Some remedies include anti-acids, diarrhea medication, relaxation and deep breathing.

zx123
27-04-15, 21:59
Thank you for that information.