PDA

View Full Version : What Can "Cure" Brain Fog

Aruals
27-04-15, 19:49
Hi everyone,
The symptom I hate most which I have is brain fog. I think it might be worse due to taking Citalopram which I have now been on for about 3 weeks.

From your experience is there anything which has dramatically helped your brain fog? I don't know if my unbalanced diet contributes to it but that's quite a big thing to change.

TinkerStars
27-04-15, 19:59
Hey, I'm 2 and a half weeks into citalopram and I'm feeling the brain fog as well. I find that if I take a nap sometimes I feel a bit better for a while after, but not much else has helped me. There's a lot of hope that it gets better after a while though, so I hope it does.

xvolatileheart
27-04-15, 20:18
I was just coming to ask the same thing! I'm on day 19 of citalopram and felt like my head was in a cloud all day. Dot have any advice but you're certainly not alone.

MyNameIsTerry
28-04-15, 06:32
There was a thread on the Symptoms board a couple of weeks ago about this:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=168076

It might be a tricky thing to relieve if its the meds that are causing it though but at least you know that will fade soon.

kassie73
28-04-15, 21:55
I went through a period of high anxiety when I was constantly in a fog. I was absent minded and felt altogether terrible. My way of dealing with anxiety was to eat sugary/chocolate treats. I read somewhere that sugar could be a problem. I gave up sugar cold turkey. It was hard but within 3/4 days my mind felt clearer. It literally lifted that fog. It was amazing! I don't know if this could be the reason for you but do examine your food intake. Something in it could be to blame. I have gone back to my old ways and have been considering a sugar detox again. Hard to stay disciplined. :)

Magic
29-04-15, 14:22
I think I have the brain fog. It makes me so frustrated. I will try the chocolate thing.
I am not taking any antideressants either. I also cannot spell. sorry x