PDA

View Full Version : optical migraine

aprilmoon
27-04-15, 21:46
Just had one of these today and it really scared me as I didn't know what it was.
Haven't had any pain though,and can't think of any reason why it happened.

Stu82
28-04-15, 15:42
You can get these without having pain, head just feels a bit strange after. Can be caused by not eating, not drinking enough water, tension, eye strain and sometimes after a sudden flash of light in your eyes.

aprilmoon
28-04-15, 17:26
Thanks Stu
It could have been a combination of these things.
Talking about it since,I've been surprised how common they are.:shades:

Davit
28-04-15, 17:54
I usually get these in the morning, First one was scary, now I just wait till they go. Some times I can still do things like sweep the floor or do dishes, other times My balance is off too much and I have to wait. I only ever had one driving and had to pull over and wait it out. They come more when I'm tired. There is no pain.

aprilmoon
28-04-15, 18:02
You're right about it being scary the first time it happens
I thought my retina was detaching as I've been told to look out for "flashing lights" and this seemed to fit that description, until I knew what it was.
I hope it never happens when I'm driving as that could be really frightening.
If I ever get another one I can see if there's a pattern

Davit
28-04-15, 18:14
You probably will get more, they started once a year and now are more like once a month.
Mine are the jagged circle or half moon with split vision on either side of the jagged line. They don't last more than 15 minutes. I have friends with the same ones as me. They are pretty common. Val gets them and doesn't have an anxiety disorder.