PDA

View Full Version : Testicular Cancer fear...help?

username001
27-04-15, 21:48
So I'll introduce myself here as its my first post - I'm Adam, I'm 23 and I'm from the United Kingdom. I work in software development, and I'm into bodybuilding.

I also have health anxiety, which has sparked up and somewhat gotten worse over the past six months or so.

It started when I found a lump on my testicle, about a year ago - maybe a little less, I went to the doctor and he felt around, and he said there was nothing to be concerned about and that it was an epididydmal cyst, which is common and completely harmless. So my anxiety regarding testicular cancer went away for a while, until I felt around again and low and behold, another lump - back to the doctor I went, this time a different doctor - felt around, once again, nothing unusual other than my cyst - which he referred me for an ultrasound for, for my own peace of mind - which is happening on the 12th May.

But since then, I've felt around and just became convinced he and the other doctor missed something, theres no grounds for this and I jump around symptoms, first it was a lump, then I thought that I had a partially twisted testicle resulting in a torsion, after that it was that one of my testicles were hard, and then after that one was abnormally bigger - now its back to one of them being hard.

The thing is, it really isn't hard. If I feel it and squeeze down on it, it compresses in the way you'd expect, and it hurts - the exact same as the other testicle. Which is perfectly normal.

Does anyone have any idea on how I can combat this? It's getting to the point where it's almost like I need to have something to worry about, and if I don't have it I'll actively look for it.

Any ideas?

emmalrob
28-04-15, 13:26
My husband has had these cysts on and off, the doctor reassured him that it was nothing to worry about, I actually googled what one was and learnt a bit about them, which helped him and myself understand and in turn stopped us from worrying so much.

TMI but I actually check him once a month as sometimes he is unsure and I am quite good at spotting changes, so what you describe sounds the same as his.

If it moves and is soft then it's exactly the same as him.

Atleast they are sending you for a scan which will put your mind to rest