PDA

View Full Version : anyone else have a lipoma

emmalj0
28-04-15, 11:19
Im still thinking my lump thats been diagnosed as a lipoma is a sarcoma. How can drs tell without removal or biopsy? Iv had for two years now it sits on rib where my underwire is. Its not really changed in size feels movable but is tender most days. Ivseen gps, breast surgeon, dermatologist all seem to think its a fatty lump.

I have worried about this since i found in march 2013 not a day goes by i dont worry. Iv two young children so have to try and b strong for them. It affects my work to a degree as i feel panicked constantly.

can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance

Hypo
28-04-15, 12:52
Yes. I have over two hundred. I am not lying. I am one big lipoma.

You have had it two years? if it was cancer you would know.

Lipomas are easily diagnosed so you need to trust your drs. It takes them seconds to know what they are as they have a very distinct feeling.

I know as I am smothered in them :( Some are very painful as well, I have four big ones on my ribs and they hurt. All normal.

You have nothing to worry about.

kassie73
28-04-15, 21:36
I have one on my back. I freaked out when I found it for the first time 2 years ago. Googled myself into a frantic worry. What is worse, I was on vacation. It was diagnosed as a lipoma. The doctor was very confident so I don't even touch/feel it anymore to avoid going down that worry path.