PDA

View Full Version : panciking that i could catch this?!

goldenchicks522
28-04-15, 13:58
Ok so , im not sure if ive even been vaccinated against meningitis but must have been as a kid right?

Turns out someone i have (well not been in'close contact ' with and i dunno how youd catch meningitis anyway? has it.

The last time i saw this person was last wednesday, would this person have had symtoms/it be possible for her to infect me with it? assuming I somehow haven't been vaccinated against it.

I know I did not get that injection at high school where there was a first one then you went to get another one of the same vaccine, think it might have been the tetanus/polio injection? I feel so bad about not having got it but i don't know what i can realistically do about that. I assume many people have not had it for whatever reason, I suppose I could have it done but the idea just scares me (i have health anxiety!):weep:

countrygirl
28-04-15, 14:14
Its not easy to catch the bacteria that cause meningitis unless you are in very close contact. My friends son developed it and he had had his hair cut the day before he got symptoms but the hairdresser was not considered close contact, only his parents and sisters had to take precautionery antibiotics.
I understand you worry though as I had been in the same room as him two days before he got symptoms and was a bit worried myself as well!!
Remember its very rare and most people carry the bacteria in their nose and throat but will never ever develop meningitis