PDA

View Full Version : dizzyness

daleblues
22-01-07, 23:34
hi, im new to this and need some help, im wondering if anyone knows what causes my symtoms, and beacuse my young age im growing more concerned of my symptoms which is everytime i stand up it feels like im looking at myself from somewhere else im constantly very dizzy a few seconds after i stand up and have to lean on something for support because everything is still spinning people say its because i get up to quick but even when i get up slow it still happens and lately evertime i satnd up its been happening.

thanks dale

999madmax
22-01-07, 23:46
Hi There,
I can understand where you are coming from as a few months ago i was pretty bad and i couldn`t control my leveling and unfortunatly i kept on losing my balance. [V]
Once i started to feel stable in my life i started to feel in control of my mind and had less problems when i get up and/ or about etc. [8D]
This is a very good site and there are many people here that have/ had similar problems. If you ever need help with anything..
look no further
this is the best site to help..We are all here to help.
:):)

LOL
Madmax
-*-

nomorepanic
23-01-07, 18:26
Hi Dale

Just wanted to welcome you aboard.

Has the doctor checked your ears atall?

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Dreamer029
25-01-07, 01:49
i get this symptom too, and sometimes more frequent than other times. im young too. it could be just blood pressure, its called orthostatic hypotension i believe. the bulb that regulates the blood pressure when youre standing up or laying is just kind of lazy, and that is what can make you dizzy. as nicola pointed out it could be due to your ears, which is called benign positional vertigo, but the symptoms would not go away after a few seconds, so i doubt it is that, but nonetheless if it doesnt get better see your primary care and ask if thats a possible cause and see what he/she says

:-)
Lauren

Chant
14-08-08, 20:02
Well I guess I'm not the only one with this dizzy, unsteady, no balance thing. I've read it's a symptom of panic attacks. I had my ears checked and they are fine. I think the more I think about getting dizzy and the more I fear it the more I have it. It would help if I could just forget about it. I guess that takes time! Just know we are not alone!

leajorfar
10-12-08, 20:45
Well I guess I'm not the only one with this dizzy, unsteady, no balance thing. I've read it's a symptom of panic attacks. I had my ears checked and they are fine. I think the more I think about getting dizzy and the more I fear it the more I have it. It would help if I could just forget about it. I guess that takes time! Just know we are not alone!

It would be good to chat to you, it seems that alot of the symptoms from other members regarding dizziness seems to be ear related, my dizziness is caused by my anxiety and it sounds like yours is to so it would be good to compare, however that sad that sounds. I will only go out if i have my car with me and then i will never walk far from my car and i have to have someone with me or my child in a buggy so i can use buggy to lean on when i feel peculiar. I feel like a nutter when i walk along people probably think im a bit tipsy or look at me coz my 4 year old should not be in a buggy but its my coping mechanism.

ElizabethJane
10-12-08, 20:50
I suffer from this too. Mine is caused by low blood pressure due to the medication that I am on. Try getting up slowly and if you are in bed try rolling onto your side and then get up. Are you taking any medication that could be causing this? Also when we are anxious we tend to shallow breathe and this in turn can cause light headed feelings. It is always better to be checked out at the doctors though. Best wishes.

nickieb
10-12-08, 22:37
Most prob inner ear hun its vile & is what causes most probs. try steaming & nasal spray for a week or too xxx

cook1atschool
12-02-09, 10:41
Hello, i am writing this on behalf of my wonderful husband who has after 6 and a half years has come off of cyprelax (think i have spelt it right). He is on week 15 now and doing fantastic, the only thing is he is getting awful dizzy spells at work where he needs to concentrate and also he is a bit worried about driving, he has gone to our g.p. and seen 3 different doctors, they have all told him to go back on the tablets which i am proud to say he turned down flat, he has booked himself in for a brain scan and also i have told him of an osteopath who fixed my shoulder when i fell over. It really is getting on his nreves, i think myself that it is the coming off of the tablets and surely it cannot go on forever, the last time he came off of them he gave in after 12 weeks, so i am so pleased that he is getting stronger and resisting the urge to do this and taking the easy way out, some people may say that i am being too hard on him, but i think that i have given him the will to do this and the confidence and also he has done this by himself, we just want to try and ease off with the dizziness and try and get him some relief from it. does anyone have any suggestions at all, they would be very welcome, thankyou.:D