PDA

View Full Version : Wondering.. Can You Go Crazy From Anxiety?

looking4answers
23-01-07, 01:31
I have read on several places online and in books etc..that you sometimes feel like you are going crazy ..but no that you cannot go crazy from anxiety depression..Lately I have been even worried about this..There are so many that when you ask them questions keep pointing the hypocondriac finger at you.Its enough to make you think that you are.Do you ever feel like you might lose your mind and if so what do you do about it?How do you change your thoughts ?just throw yourself into something like reading or working on a project or ?

PRAYER FOR FREEDOM FROM SUFFERING

May all beings everywhere plagued
with sufferings of body and mind
quickly be freed from their illnesses.
May those frightened cease to be afraid,
and may those bound be free.
May the powerless find power,
and may people think of befriending each other.
May those who find themselves in trackless, fearful wilderness--
the children, the aged, the unprotected--
be guarded by beneficent celestials,
and may they swiftly attain Buddhahood.

pips
23-01-07, 12:13
Hi There,

I often get scared that I will go crazy expecially when I'm having a bad attack. I keep telling myself that people who are mad don't realise it themselves and wouldn't even question that they might be going mad. if that make sense?

Tis hard to believe at times though and I'm often waiting for the men in white coats to take me away! [:P]LOL

Although the self help books and internet etc... are very good sometimes it can be an overload on the brain and your forever questioning yourself etc... [No]I find a break now and again doing something toally unrelated can help.[^]

Take care,

Love Pip's X

Pippa.

wendy
23-01-07, 18:41
Hi

A post very close to my heart so thought id try to re-assure you, I have posted many times on here thinking I was going insane and received the very accurate advice that anxiety sufferers are not loosing there mind they are more likely a little too alert of mind, I have also asked medical people this question many, many times, please believe you will not go crazy, if this was the case Id be locked away by now, this is just a thought you are having that will pass, our panic makes our thoughts spin that makes us feel this way but this is just a feeling, good luck to you, it will get better xx

Karen
23-01-07, 20:06
Hi there

This is a common worry among people with anxiety/depression and other mental health issues. However, as has been mentioned already someone who is 'going mad' would not realise there was anything wrong. Someone that ill believes they are the sane one and everyone else is mad.

Dealing with this fear constantly places added stress on the person suffering from anxiety but hypnotherapy can be very helpful for dealing with fears such as these.

Perhaps you might like to consider this Overcome Fear of Going Crazy (http://www.hypnosisdownloads.com/downloads/phobias_fears/going-crazy.html?1388) hypnosis download to help relax your fears over this.

Karen

For a moment you were with me
For a moment you were mine
Then the darkness comes and takes you far away
Before I even said goodbye

darkangel
23-01-07, 21:37
hi

it is a very common worry in people with anxiety but in fact people who "go mad" usually have no awareness that they have - its other people who notice their behaviours.

darkangel x

........life is for living not just for surviving

Lindalou64
23-01-07, 22:56
I NEVER HEARD OF ANYONE ACTUALLY GO CRAZY LIKE BE LOCKED UP FOR ANXIETY I THINK WE ALL TEND SOMETIMES WE FEEL CRAZY PEOPLE CAN MAKE YA FEEL THAT WAY BUT YOU KNOW YOUR NOT I WENT THRU THAT WITH FRIENDS AND FAM BUT I SAID ...... THAT IM NOT CRAZY I HAVE A DISORDER............WISH YA THE BEST.....LINDA[8D]

looking4answers
23-01-07, 22:59
Thanks to everyone that took the time to reply.I didn't think that you could for sure but you have to remember im in a totally different environment.We are miles from the larger cities and live on the side of a mountain.Our nearest neighbors are over a mile away and our only movement visually is usually a rabbit and occasional coyote that makes an appearance.The weather has been unbearable and we stay in alot.. More than I have in my life..Its like being on a different planet ..Its far different from anything that i have ever seen.Even though you know that you aren't far from simple civilization you feel isolated..I have read in past years about people with cabin fever doing weird things and even going crazy and then I have read accounts of people in worst situations..I have to admit the beauty here is unsurpassed a winter wonder land.. of snow and mountains and beauty..But sometimes nothing seems to be quite right..It seems as everyday is the same day and believe me if the weather was better it would be easy to get out but its really really cold but will be springtime in awhile.I think that I will make it and pretty sure i will with a little help from my friends on here..Thank God for the internet and people that care a world away..Thank you all again for everything.Im feeling better today...

PRAYER FOR FREEDOM FROM SUFFERING

May all beings everywhere plagued
with sufferings of body and mind
quickly be freed from their illnesses.
May those frightened cease to be afraid,
and may those bound be free.
May the powerless find power,
and may people think of befriending each other.
May those who find themselves in trackless, fearful wilderness--
the children, the aged, the unprotected--
be guarded by beneficent celestials,
and may they swiftly attain Buddhahood.