PDA

View Full Version : Help! In a massive panic over my elbow!

little.miss.worry
28-04-15, 22:06
I'm onto something new now! I feel sick from worry, and I Googled for some reason so it's made me feel even worse than before. Yesterday, a pain in my elbow started. I haven't knocked it, or done anything in any way to harm it. So I don't know why it's started. I've got myself into a panic, because I'm so worried it's like an infection in it. But, I don't see how it would be but at the same time, I can't help but think it's something serious. As soon as you touch it, it hurts. Like, it's sore, and the pain also travels down my arm.

I just don't know how to calm down. My mind is in overdrive and I feel immensely sick from it. I just don't know what to do with myself :weep::weep: I'm trying so hard to stop worrying over everything, but I feel like I'm getting worse. I currently go to therapy but still, I'm not getting better :weep:

countrygirl
28-04-15, 22:12
There are lots of totally innocent reasons for your sore elbow honest. You might have twisted it slightly without knowing or slept on it badly and you would not know.
If you had infection in the joint it would be very hot and very swollen not just sore to the touch. Does it throb all the time or is it only when you touch or move it?

little.miss.worry
28-04-15, 22:16
There are lots of totally innocent reasons for your sore elbow honest. You might have twisted it slightly without knowing or slept on it badly and you would not know.
If you had infection in the joint it would be very hot and very swollen not just sore to the touch. Does it throb all the time or is it only when you touch or move it?

Yeah maybe, I'm not too sure :( I always lean on it I think, maybe that's taken a toll on it? I don't know :( And no, not all of the time, only when I touch and move it. It's been okay all day until I leaned on it again earlier and it started to hurt and since then I've been prodding and feeling it :( Just trying to find out where exactly the pain is on my elbow, it feels like my bone :(

MRS STRESS ED
28-04-15, 22:35
I'm onto something new now! I feel sick from worry, and I Googled for some reason so it's made me feel even worse than before. Yesterday, a pain in my elbow started. I haven't knocked it, or done anything in any way to harm it. So I don't know why it's started. I've got myself into a panic, because I'm so worried it's like an infection in it. But, I don't see how it would be but at the same time, I can't help but think it's something serious. As soon as you touch it, it hurts. Like, it's sore, and the pain also travels down my arm.

I just don't know how to calm down. My mind is in overdrive and I feel immensely sick from it. I just don't know what to do with myself :weep::weep: I'm trying so hard to stop worrying over everything, but I feel like I'm getting worse. I currently go to therapy but still, I'm not getting better :weep:

It all takes time you wont get better over night ,its a long road to walk therapy is a good start,and as for your arm we all get aches and pains in our bodies they come and go and sometimes they can not be explained

your mind is going into overdrive because your over thinking this will cause your anxiety to go high, causing adrenaline this will make you to experience alsorts of horrible things and symptoms and god its awful I truly know ,but remember it can not hurt you this will help you with your recovery

try and take control tell yourself its not going to hurt you go with it and don't let it win ,anxiety loves to win and loves to control us you will learn how to cope better the more you get into your therapy good luck :hugs:

little.miss.worry
28-04-15, 23:11
It all takes time you wont get better over night ,its a long road to walk therapy is a good start,and as for your arm we all get aches and pains in our bodies they come and go and sometimes they can not be explained

your mind is going into overdrive because your over thinking this will cause your anxiety to go high, causing adrenaline this will make you to experience alsorts of horrible things and symptoms and god its awful I truly know ,but remember it can not hurt you this will help you with your recovery

try and take control tell yourself its not going to hurt you go with it and don't let it win ,anxiety loves to win and loves to control us you will learn how to cope better the more you get into your therapy good luck :hugs:

Thank you for your kind words. It's made me feel slightly better about things :) I just find therapy difficult at the moment, unfortunately :( And that's true, I just really freak out over anything, like the slightest twinge.. and because I've poked and prodded it that much it's gotten worse :(

Yes, I agree.. you look back and realise that they won't hurt you, but at the time, it can be so scary and I will definately try, thank you so much! Your reply is greatly appreciated! :hugs:

Emilym80
29-04-15, 09:49
Hi Emily-Kate,

I'm usually sore all over, to be pretty honest. I was having the same pain in my elbows a few weeks ago, with shooting pain down my arms when I straightened them out. It went away on its own relatively quickly and I wouldn't worry about it too much, tbh. It could be caused by a lot of benign things- tension as a result of anxiety seems pretty likely to me.

Best wishes :)

little.miss.worry
29-04-15, 17:21
Hi Emily-Kate,

I'm usually sore all over, to be pretty honest. I was having the same pain in my elbows a few weeks ago, with shooting pain down my arms when I straightened them out. It went away on its own relatively quickly and I wouldn't worry about it too much, tbh. It could be caused by a lot of benign things- tension as a result of anxiety seems pretty likely to me.

Best wishes :)

Hey, mines turned into the shooting pain too when I move it, which has made me worry more I guess :( and yeah, could be the most likely cause.. thank you for replying! :)