PDA

View Full Version : Work stress and trying to get a getting a house

phil06
29-04-15, 00:28
Me and my girlfriend have bid for 108 houses now in a year and a half and it's all council or housing association and can't get any offers and we have low incomes and can't afford private around here..worried we may never get housed and with work I've been offered two transfers to different shops but one involved going from back shift to 7am starts even for more hours so I sort of never accepted and I am stressed as my boss keeps offering me different options as I do need more hours to move out ..:blush:

phil06
29-05-15, 00:31
I turned down a house this week due to it not being in a great area but I'm really worried I won't get another offer this year.

Dazza123
29-05-15, 00:35
Do you have children? I didn't think houses were offered to singles/couples unless there are children.

Housing is ridiculous, if I were you I would have accepted the house and then arranged a swap after a year.

phil06
29-05-15, 00:45
Do you have children? I didn't think houses were offered to singles/couples unless there are children.

Housing is ridiculous, if I were you I would have accepted the house and then arranged a swap after a year.

Yeah I thought about a swap it was two bedrooms aswell we seem unlikely to get more than one bedroom.

They give extra priority for work but sadly there not been many houses come up in decent areas. I have bid for about 138 houses now. There was some one beds come up last year in good areas sadly we never got them.