PDA

View Full Version : Day 3 of Citalopram - Anxiety bad

sarahando16
29-04-15, 09:32
Hi i am on day 3 of taking citalopram for the second time and just want some reassurance that its just the side effects causing my anxiety to be through the roof. I have decided to go back on them as my dad had a heart attack on saturday night and I am having problems with my daughter who is due to sit exams in a couple of weeks and she is getting anxious over them and kept saying she had a lump in her throat, which is a classic sign of anxiety, therefore she hasn't been eating much, taking ages chewing until its liquid, took her the doctors and he has put her on beta blockers, she doesn't seem as bad but she is only on her 6th day of taking them.
Any assuring words would be grateful. I have taken these before so should know the side effects!!
Thanks for reading my post.
xxxxxx

sarahando16
29-04-15, 14:07
anyone?

countrygirl
29-04-15, 17:17
Its well known that this drug will make your anxiety worse before it gets better and alot of people stop taking it because of this. My friend gave up on it as she was climbing the walls and not sleeping at all and could not bear to persevere with it.

If you have taken it before then are the side effects this time exactly same as last time because if they are then you know that they will get better with time and its a case of hanging in there!

Sorry about your dad that won't help your general anxiety at all x