PDA

View Full Version : why cant i stop worrying over this lump i have

emmalj0
29-04-15, 10:57
Im starting to feel hopeless its effecting my whole life i cant concentrate at work or on family life.

iv posted previously about a movable lump i have that sits on my rib where underwire of bra sits. Iv had 2 years had 2 ultrasounds nothing suspicious seen. Drs feel its a lipima. I still cant stop thinking they are wrong and could be sarcoma as online says can feel the same as a lipima can grow slow over many years.

iv had bloods taken all thats come bk is calcium levels low so now im in a course of vitamin d. I worry as i have akot of back pain on my left side when i take deep breaths i keep thinking its all related to this lump.

any help please

bartin
30-04-15, 17:13
If you are really that worried, try to insist and convince your doctor to arrange for you a biopsy of the lump.

Fishmanpa
30-04-15, 17:22
If you are really that worried, try to insist and convince your doctor to arrange for you a biopsy of the lump.

You're talking about an unnecessary invasive procedure for reassurance. Two ultrasounds and doctors deem this not sinister and a lipoma which millions of people have (including myself). The fact that it's causing enough distress to cause an interruption of every day life indicates that the anxiety needs to be addressed immediately.

Emma, have you spoken to your doctor about getting help with your anxiety?

Positive thoughts

emmalj0
30-04-15, 19:35
Hi yes im currently awaiting cbt. Iv asked for biopsy or removal they wont do it. Iv panicked myself reading about sarcomas which i should never have done :-(

I just wish i could forget it. Iv had two years now with no change yet i still worry somethings amiss.

countrygirl
30-04-15, 22:02
I get movable lumps that are ganglions attached to tendons and I had one in my leg for 2 years that I could move around a huge area and now I have one on my finger as well. You can see them under the skin and I can push them around quite an area. I must admit when I showed my dr the first one on my leg and he was totally uninterested and told me what it was. He said if it was anything nasty it would grow and grow which proved mine wasn't anything to worry about. That was 3 years ago. The leg one has gone but still have the finger one. I also have a lump under my kneecap which is where the muscle attaches to bone and again he said its nothing to worry about and not bone cancer. I then spotted same thing on my neighbour and she said she had had it for ever and thought it was normal:)

As you have said you have had it for 2 years and its not changed which tells you it can't be anything nasty or it would have got hugely bigger with other symptoms by now.

emmalj0
30-04-15, 22:41
Thank u for the reassurance :)