PDA

View Full Version : What and How To Know?

looking4answers
23-01-07, 03:23
Ok..we have all compared our symptoms . Mine I have over compared..I feel now that I might be losing my mind.People left and right make me feel like a hypochondriac..Not here..thank God you have all been my salvation but it hurts so bad to be told you are that and told that you are paying attention too much to body sensation..Geez..I don't want to hear my pulse but it booms in my head..they act as though I have a choice to hear it or not.I do not discount that over a period of time i will grow to ignore it .. if it is benign as they say but what about other things that I feel?How are you really suppose to know there is something wrong. I have been to doctors but people have been known to fall ill after going to a doctor I don't want to go to doctor after doctor after doctor..and now whats making it worse is that im starting to believe that im crazy because I know what I feel and hear and don't know what to do about trusting the feelings are nothing or knowng they are real...Its a vicious circle and scares me to death.How do you know?I have been to doctors and all say that im ok,but what if you really arent. ?the symptoms that we all suffer from can be anything from heart disease to neurological disease to almost anything. How can you be sure.. ?

PRAYER FOR FREEDOM FROM SUFFERING

May all beings everywhere plagued
with sufferings of body and mind
quickly be freed from their illnesses.
May those frightened cease to be afraid,
and may those bound be free.
May the powerless find power,
and may people think of befriending each other.
May those who find themselves in trackless, fearful wilderness--
the children, the aged, the unprotected--
be guarded by beneficent celestials,
and may they swiftly attain Buddhahood.

peach
23-01-07, 09:20
hi,

like all of us here, you must try to trust what the docs are telling you...they are trained and will know if something is wrong...
i found a great doc, and have been reminding myself that her opinion is much more valid then my untrained opinion...
anxiety and depression seems to bring on all these odd symptoms..just keep reading the posts here when you need reasurrance...and trust your doctors..
take care

looking4answers
23-01-07, 10:21
Thanks Peach,

I guess you are right..reading here helps alot and well I saw two doctors and have a friend that is a 30 year veteran head nurse here at the hospital to me she is just as good if not better than a doctor and she tells me the same thing .i suppose all you can do is just try and trust ..but well you have to remember too that none of us is promised tomorrow so well what can you do.. just the best you can..thanks you made me feel better..

PRAYER FOR FREEDOM FROM SUFFERING

May all beings everywhere plagued
with sufferings of body and mind
quickly be freed from their illnesses.
May those frightened cease to be afraid,
and may those bound be free.
May the powerless find power,
and may people think of befriending each other.
May those who find themselves in trackless, fearful wilderness--
the children, the aged, the unprotected--
be guarded by beneficent celestials,
and may they swiftly attain Buddhahood.