PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is wrong with my stomach

WorriedTeen221
29-04-15, 12:46
ok so I am 19. the past 4 weeks my stomach has been a wreck. Waking up 90% of the time with rumbling, really bad wind pains and feeling like crap. I go to the toilet and a lot of the time just pass lots of smelly wind. My wind smells horrible, and so does my stool. My stool comes out in 3-4 large pieces which is soft, floats and looks a brown colour, although when I shine a light to get a better look it appears like it has a half yellow coating. also after eating and drinking I get a slight burning pain in my stomach. right now its the floating stool and yellowy fat looking stool that has me more worried. Terrified it's pancreatic cancer even though people laugh when I say that. Could it be IBS, Celiac or something like that?

bartin
30-04-15, 17:17
Yellow, floating, smelly stool is usually from excessive fat in the stool, which is due to fat malabsorption, which can be caused by intestinal (including celiac), liver, gallbladder or pancreatic problems. I suggest you to visit a doctor who can then order a stool test for fat.

countrygirl
30-04-15, 22:09
I would agree that a Dr visit would be wise not because you have something as bad as pancreatic cancer which is unheard of at your age but there are other none life threatening digestion conditions that can produce your symptoms. A stool sample to the lab will tell them what they need to know and what could be causing it. Get a sample container from your Drs surgery and book appt and take the sample in with you if its a morning appt to speed things up.

WorriedTeen221
01-05-15, 14:46
I would agree that a Dr visit would be wise not because you have something as bad as pancreatic cancer which is unheard of at your age but there are other none life threatening digestion conditions that can produce your symptoms. A stool sample to the lab will tell them what they need to know and what could be causing it. Get a sample container from your Drs surgery and book appt and take the sample in with you if its a morning appt to speed things up.

Yeah and I read the other day that pancreatic cancer actually takes like 20 years to fully mutate into something that causes problems which took a load off my mind as no one in my family going back 100 years ever had it. I'm just curious as to what I could have, my diet is pretty bad, well used to be, all this started when I started eating healthy, cutting out coke and drinking more water. No gas pains this morning, but I am going to the bathroom once a day, its brown with some white mucous around it and floats, thats what worries me

Emilym80
01-05-15, 15:10
If it started with a change in diet, maybe it's just your body adjusting to the new change?

I remember when I stopped eating dairy and started eating way more vegetables, it was pretty... unpleasant at first. But things calmed down.

I would see your doctor, just to be sure. In the meantime, you can drink some boiled water that's as hot as you can drink it without burning your mouth or some herbal tea, if your stomach is bothering you. It might help calm things down, too.

All the best :)

PBL80
04-05-15, 20:23
I get this a lot when my anxiety is bad. Healthy diet and green tea helps me.

jonjones
05-05-15, 10:47
Hey,

your digestive is affected a lot by anxiety, and your emotions.

First I think you should get checked out by a doctor, to make sure its just anxiety, which Im sure it is.

Hows your anxiety in general, what symptoms do you have?

Best,

Jon