PDA

View Full Version : New member

oliverr
29-04-15, 13:43
Hello All,

I'm joining the forum as my partner suffers from GAD and has recently relapsed and had some pretty bad panic attacks. I want to support her better and hope to learn from other members. It would be great to hear from you if you're in the same boat or a sufferer who's happy to give me some tips and advice.

I know that I've let her down in the past and have been slow to react to her needs - I'm, in part, some of the problem. I'm pretty pragmatic and action orientated by nature and I've realised I can't manage this problem like a problem at work. I'm trying to show more empathy which I know my partner needs but find this difficult - it's not that i don't care, I just show it differently. I know better now what she needs from me and I need to respond differently this time. So against the backdrop of the current issues I'm trying to build her confidence and trust in me... If you've been in the same boat or on the receiving end I'd appreciate you advice.

venusbluejeans
29-04-15, 13:48
Hiya oliverr and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: