PDA

View Full Version : I've survivied a holiday!

Merlinssister
06-09-04, 09:36
Actually I did more than survive. I really enjoyed it, and even managed to have one day without a panic attack! I also found the whole being somewhere new and seeing different things really helpful for the fuzzy headedness as I was completely distracted.

Perhaps they could prescribe holidays on the NHS? :D

tara
06-09-04, 10:38
Great news about your hols :) I'll ask my doctor next time i see him can i have a holiday instead of my medication LOL.........Tara xxx

ed
06-09-04, 19:09
Wow - well done!! you certainly are an inspiration to the rest of us!!

Sarah :D

nomorepanic
06-09-04, 21:10
Hey great news and well done you.

Has that given you the confidence now to see that you can have a good day?

Great news that you enjoyed it though!

Nicola

twister
06-09-04, 21:54
Am really glad you had a good time! I am off to Sardinia on Friday and am really looking forward to it, but am already anxious about the plane. My plan is to:

a: take valium

b: drink wine

And hopefully I'll make it there!

Emily

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
Understanding is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad

Merlinssister
06-09-04, 22:56
Thanks guys. It has boosted my confidence knowing that I can do it. And twister I also found it useful to have a personal cd/tape player with me. Good for distraction. :D

jo-jo
11-09-04, 22:24
How good would that be - holidays on the NHS [^]

Really, really chuffed that you had a great time and that you now have an achievement to be very proud of!

Love Jo xxx

Rennie1989
12-09-04, 13:21
merlin- I am sooooooooo glad you enjoyed your hol. i was on holiday 2 weeks a go and it was fab. where did you go, hope somewhere nice and hot with a sparkling sea

tara- dont drink to much wine or they wont let you board, i read it on a plane. it said not to drnk large amounts but i can trust you, lol

Scooter Girl

if i was hungry would you feed me, if i fell you help me up, if i was crying would you brush away my tears

jill
12-09-04, 21:17
Hi Merlin

just want to say a big WELL DONE TO YOU.

TAKE CARE

Jill :D :D

Merlinssister
13-09-04, 09:08
Thanks guys. I'm feeling pretty anxious about some other stuff this morning so am hanging on to this as a reminder of how well I can do! :)

I went to Vienna and did the culture vulture bit. If you go here there are some piccies:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/merlins_sister/31107.html#cutid1

jo-jo
15-09-04, 12:02
Wow the pics are great! Steve has always fancied Vienna and I think I may now be persuaded....

When things get tough, just keep reminding yourself how well you did.

Lots of love Jo xxx

Sue
15-09-04, 15:50
You did really well.

I know how daunting a holiday can be as I just come back myself. I agree the distraction definately helps.

The photos are great.

Sue

PS holidays on the NHS, theres a thought!