PDA

View Full Version : Dry mouth and speaking

twofatslugs
29-04-15, 18:36
Hi there, I've been away for a while and haven't been too bad at all as far as anxiety goes, been getting through it taking it a day at a time which has been going really well, but a couple of days a go I had a really panicking moment in terms of my speech again.

I keep thinking words I'm saying aren't coming out right, or they're slurred somehow, this use to be a fear for me afew months ago but It stopped, now it's come back specifically with saying the K sound, sounds odd which as got me worried.

When my mouth goes dry as it does with anxiety, I find it extremely difficult to get a K sound out, just wondering if this is normal with a dry mouth, or the sound is completely the same.

A really weird problem I know, but as my mind wanders through things to worry about, this has really got me up and anxious.

Thanks for any help in advance.

---------- Post added at 18:36 ---------- Previous post was at 14:58 ----------

No-one have this experience? Really getting worried now. Does a dry mouth not affect speech?

Help1989
30-04-15, 00:55
Hi, I've found that when my mouth is really dry I can't get certain sounds out (like K or R) and I feel like I'm slurring a bit. This is also made worse by anxiety... Sometimes I feel like I've got cotton wool I my mouth. Drink plenty of water and don't try to speak to much or too fast. Hope this helps x

Sluggy
30-04-15, 08:10
Thanks for the response. Glad I'm not the only one, I also guess that everyone's speech is different.

Thanks again, anyone else have this? Does a dry mouth affect speech?