PDA

View Full Version : Citilapram

suebroughton
23-01-07, 10:09
Hi can anyone tell me if Citilapram 40mg is a very high dose. Ive been on them now for 5 weeks for my panic attacks and new feelings of bad depression. Started feeling bit better 3 days ago, although still keep getting waves of panic and depressed feeling. Is this normal at this stage Thanks....

Chopper
23-01-07, 10:26
Mornin's Sue,

I too am on 40mg of Citalopram for Anxiety/PA/Depression and have been on various doses for, oh, 18 months now I suppose.

I started on 10mg, increased to 20mg, then 30mg then 30/40mg on alternate days and finally 40mg a day. I had some lousy side effects but persevered through them and about 10 days or so woke up feeling so calm and relaxed, finally, finally I thought they've worked. I genuinely do feel that the old 'Chopper' is back. I feel fine, very relaxed and am hoping that my stability continues.

I've no intention of reducing my dosage until well into the spring and then only VERY gradually.

It sounds as if you're a classic case as it often takes between 4-6 weeks for the medication to 'kick-in' and some say these are the worst weeks.

Are you sleeping ok? If not, check out some of my other posts on lightboxes or S.A.D.? i don't want to put you off what for me has been a successful drug but I had horrible, and sometimes embarrassing[:I], side effects (check out some of my other posts if you want a laugh!;)) and they lasted from day one until last week.

If I could offer one word of advice it would be "persevere", they worked for me, they can work for you too.

Happiness and light to all,
'Chopper'

I saw her once, one little while, and then no more:
’Twas Eden’s light on Earth a while, and then no more.
Amid the throng she passed along the meadow-floor:
Spring seemed to smile on Earth awhile, and then no more;
But whence she came, which way she went, what garb she wore
I noted not; I gazed a while, and then no more!

James Clarence Mangan 1803 - 1849

yorkylover
23-01-07, 14:53
Hi Sue,Im on 20 mg,but in the past was on 40 which isnt the highest.When I was really bad I was on 60mg.
:);):);):);):);)

Ellen XX

nebula
08-11-07, 16:25
I have been on Citilapram for well over a year now because of panic attacks and social anxiety. I must stress for a good 10 months of that year I became a zombie, I couldn't cry, I didn't want to deal with anything, my whole life became very very numb and that was only on 20 mg.

Please think about the fact that you don't want to be on them forever because they even become addictive. I have finally stopped taking them and I am so glad that I can actually deal with anger and cry now they have gone.