PDA

View Full Version : exercise

kim!!
29-04-15, 19:08
hi i wondered if anyone can help i suffer with anxiety and depression i get alsorts of pains i was starting to feel better i started gym today an the pain in my chest has come back is this normal?

Sam123
29-04-15, 19:19
Depends what the pain is and what you mean by normal. Where was the pain, how long did it last and has it gone now?

Anxiety causes pains in the chest, also if you're quite unfit or your body is not used to cardio then your muscles are tight and your heart is not used to pumping that fast. Nothing to worry about, your heart is just another muscle the more you work it the better.

We underestimate how amazing and strong the human body is. It's great that you've started the gym that really shows motivation, yes it may be strange at first for your body to adjust to all these new aches and pains, just try reminding yourself they are Good pains!

Remember to drink enough water before and during exercise and don't over do it, start off slow and build up from there.

Exercise is really good for the mind and body in so many different ways :)

kim!!
29-04-15, 19:26
hi its in the middle of my breasts an around them iv had the pains for about 3months but these past 2weeks they seemed to calm down, an then today it started again also i keep burping alot aswel so don't know if that's anything to do with it! Im so unfit its unreal haha so thought it mite make me feel better!

Sam123
29-04-15, 19:33
Hmmm could be heartburn, indigestion or acid reflux possibly? Speak to your GP about it but i don't think it's anything to worry about.
That's what i was like before i started exercising i couldn't believe how hard i found it, my body would always ache so much the next day and i'd feel light headed from very little exercise :doh: It will be hard at first and you probably won't feel better for a while, if anything you will feel more symptoms, just your body getting used to the new routine but it will definitely be worth it in the end.

I know it's easier said than done but try to focus on the positives and the fact your doing something to better yourself and your health, research the benefits of exercise and how it affects the body as it may help with your anxiety when you experience some symptoms. :)

kim!!
29-04-15, 19:36
yer think Il ring docs tomorrow thanks for your help really appreciate it :D

Sam123
29-04-15, 19:40
No problem, hopefully in 6 months time you'll be fit as a fiddle and able to share your tips :D

kim!!
29-04-15, 19:47
i hope so haha just want these bloody pains gone!