PDA

View Full Version : Low iron...cancer???

Liv7117
30-04-15, 00:11
Hi, I recently had a CBC done because I have been feeling sluggish and tired. The results came back that I am low in iron and hemoglobin. It's not a significant amount, just slightly low. However, I don't know what's causing it. I do run cross country and track, and I have red meat maybe once a week. I know this can be common in females, but I suffer from amenorrhea due to running, which I am working to correct. I'm so scared that I have cancer...is this a sign of cancer?

Fishmanpa
30-04-15, 00:26
Hi Liv,

Low vitamin D to cancer is a huge leap but I think you know that.

Something you posted a while ago:

"I'm a 16 yr old girl with no known health issues."

By your own words you don't have any real physical problems but you've you've suffered with HA for the last 4 years. You also said you went to the therapy but stopped. Why? It's quite apparent that it would benefit you.

Perhaps you should speak to your parents about going back to therapy. Maybe print out a few of the threads to show them.

Positive thoughts

Liv7117
30-04-15, 00:39
Thanks for your reply. I have low iron, not low vitamin D. Also, I have recently started going back to therapy. I actually have my third appointment tomorrow and it is going well so far.

Emilym80
30-04-15, 02:26
Hi there,

Low iron is really common in adolescent females. Myself and a couple of other friends had it during high school. This will be even more likely if you exercise frequently. Try taking a supplement or eating more red meat or vegetables high in iron- it's probably a dietary deficiency, ultimately.

Take care :)