PDA

View Full Version : New here - looking for advice

NeilG
30-04-15, 01:49
Hi, I am new here. I am struggling to live a normal life due to depression and anxiety, which are made worse by severe financial difficulties.
My problems have lasted for several years. When I was at university I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety. I was prescribed fluoxetine and saw a psychiatrist every month. My condition and financial problems forced me to leave university and move back to my parents home. I found a job and moved on with my life. However, I was bullied by my boss and forced to resign. I then spent several years without a job.
I now live Cheltenham, where I am currently renting a flat. I feel as if my depression and anxiety is now worse than ever. Leaving the house is difficult; applying for jobs is stressful and attending interviews is impossible. My anxiety makes it impossible to visit a doctor and I am not registered with one in the local area. I claim no benefits and have been living off savings and the small income I get from working from home. In the last week I have reached a crisis point. My bank account is near its overdraft limit and my council tax bill is in arrears. I have no friends or family that live nearby and I feel isolated and helpless. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

venusbluejeans
30-04-15, 01:54
Hiya NeilG and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: