PDA

View Full Version : pounding headache for days

crazymum25
30-04-15, 17:34
Had a pounding headache for days worried my brain is wrong or something wrong been months of head pain

Sam123
30-04-15, 17:52
Hi,

Does it feel like a pressure headache? If it were a migraine attack you probably wouldn't be writing this post so i'm assuming a tension or pressure headache. I've had them before lasting days, i actually went through a whole year of migraine attacks with aura every week. :doh:

All i can say for now it to drink lots of water and rest, try and avoid bright lights if this makes it worse.

If you keep getting re-accuring headaches you should look at what may be triggering them, stress, dehydration or certain food triggers.

Darwin73
30-04-15, 18:00
Have you seen your GP?

---------- Post added at 18:00 ---------- Previous post was at 17:52 ----------

I've had them lasting days too, and bizarrely they seemed to be linked to the change in pressure when the weather changed. As Sam said, make sure you keep well hydrated as inadequate fluid intake can cause headaches.

Sam123
30-04-15, 20:58
You posted the same thread twice not sure if by accident so just bumping for you.

crazymum25
30-04-15, 21:05
Not seen gp yet ..... I don't know if its because of Lack of sleep and sleeping on sofa not too comfy not eaten or drank right few days just a really bad hurting head ..... Lights hurt sometimes and way more tired than usual getting upset now

Sam123
30-04-15, 21:26
You definitely need to eat and drink properly that will be causing you headaches, unfortunately it may go on it's own but they will keep returning.