PDA

View Full Version : tiny black dot appeared on my nail cuticle

goldenchicks522
30-04-15, 18:12
i dont even know if it is the cuticle but its on that bit of skin that joins the finger to the nail and its a tiny dot thats black and looks like i've penned myself on my nail with a black pen, except it hasn't gone away.

its too small to be a mole and looks kind of like a (tiny) burst blood vessel under the skin as i do have tiny blood vessels in there.

It's not going away at all :weep: i'm worried it is something bad, yet it's so small literally like a tiny bit of black ink has got on my nail,. though i;ve tried scrubbing it and it won't go and i've washed it obviously so it can't be a pen mark.
you'd need a microscope to properly see it/see what it is, just so worried its something bad. how can a tiny black mark just appear on your skin like that :/ in that place

help?

countrygirl
30-04-15, 22:05
I've had these plus same spots on my nails as well and like you I have panicked as well in the past. Its almost always due to trauma and even once with me it was a black dot off a pen ( so embarrasing).

IF you got a black stripe from base to tip of nail then I would say you need to get it looked at. But a little blood blister like you probably have can take quite a time to go. I got one on the tip of my finger and it wook weeks to go away totally.