PDA

View Full Version : I just need some advice

sarahsparkleshine
30-04-15, 22:39
Having HA and being a mom doesn't usually cause a problem. But lately with crazy viruses going around I've had a horrible time keeping it together. This past week my daughter who's 5, had a horrible stomach virus, complete with vomiting and a high fever. Before knowing that half of her class was effected by this same virus, my head was spinning with all kinds of diagnoses, childhood cancer ect. Now two days later she's been complaining about a sore throat when she drinks, I looked into her throat and saw what looked to be two tiny whiteheads. I took her in and they looked, and said it could be strep, or irritation from vomiting, but they weren't going to bother with swabbing her, rather treat her since this is going around heavily anyhow. She complains about the bottom of her throat hurting and the nurse explained that the esophagus is extremely irritated while vomiting and that explains the lower pain.

Im just so nervous and jittery after this week of her being so sick. She's totally back to normal aside from a sore throat. I am just looking for some advice as to how to just chill and maybe reassurance. I don't want my kids to end up like me.