PDA

View Full Version : Bedbug bites??

anxious_thoughts
01-05-15, 06:02
Hey guys,

I'm so paranoid of bedbugs, about three weeks ago I was at the movie theatre. Once the movie was done, I got up from my chair and noticed a small bug running on the ground. As soon as I got home I threw all my clothes in the wash with hot water.

On Wednesday I woke up with large red itchy spots. There are about 10 of them on my right arm and right side of back.

I attached a photo. I'm currently on my phone though so I am not sure if you guys will be able to see it.

Bed bug bites or fleas? I've searched my mattress and haven't seen anything

Emilym80
01-05-15, 12:45
Hi jennclark,

What a pain! Hopefully they fade soon. To me, given that you can't find any and washed your clothes straight away, it seems more likely that, if you saw that bug after the movies, it bit you while you were there and you just didn't notice until the day after.

It could also be mozzie bites, if you get them in your area. I believe your sheets would have small spots of blood on them if you had bedbugs, from them biting you in the night.

If you don't get any more that you're sure you didn't get during the day, I think you can be pretty certain that you don't have bedbugs or fleas.

All the best :)

anxious_thoughts
11-05-15, 14:40
Hello Emily,

Thanks for replying and I am sorry for responding so late. Luckily, they weren't bed bugs! I bought some polysporin cream that took the itchiness away. They are starting to fade now. :)