PDA

View Full Version : Burning heel, scared of MS

Hypo84
01-05-15, 12:44
Anyone here ever had burning sensation in heel? I feel it on back of my left foot around 1.5-2'' above ground. It's been there for a month I think. I feel it much more when I where socks (so when there is pressure to that spot).

Yesterday, I calmed my self down that it is probably some minor nerve damage and nothing to worry about and then, yesterday night it started in the right foot too.

Now I am scared sh**tless that it is PPMS because my problems are nerve related and they are pretty much constant.

I know I don't have any balance issue, fatigue and other major things that are related to MS and PPMS but on stupid Google you can see stories of people who had only some tingling, burning and smth like that, and it was still MS...

Need some hope that it's not the worse...

Emilym80
01-05-15, 12:47
I haven't had a burning heel, but I've had burning up and down my leg at various times due to postural issues which were putting excess pressure on my lumbar spine and sciatic nerve and creating all kinds of unpleasant sensations.

I'd try stretching your legs out- if they feel tight, that could be a hint that it's musculoskeletal. Remember, anxiety can cause symptoms like this, too.

Best wishes :)

Hypo84
01-05-15, 14:39
Thank you for your response!

I have no idea how could anxiety cause symptom where I feel burning when I touch certain sport. I am anxious person, that's for sure, and I hope that it is the cause of everything but I don't know...I haven't find a lot of ppl with similar symptoms that I could relate too.

Emilym80
01-05-15, 15:01
Hi again,

No problem :) I think your fears may just be a little more unusual within the realm of health anxiety? DVT fears are more common, for instance- I've seen a few threads with people having leg burning, but they attribute it to DVT instead.

Remember, there are stories of cis men- that is, men who are biologically male, having hysterical pregnancies. It is physically impossible for them to be pregnant, but they still get the symptoms! The mind is so powerful.

Try not to sweat it and you might notice that it's gone away and you didn't even realise until in hindsight. It happens to me quite often with symptoms.

All the best :)

meche
01-05-15, 15:16
Anxiety is a very powerful thing. It can affect your mind and body in so many different 'unusual' ways. I've had burning & pins/needles in almost every part of my body at various times and like you convinced myself of something awful. Over the years the sensation has come and gone but here I am, probably 4 years after getting my first symptom, & I'm perfectly healthy!

Try to relax your mind rather than focusing on your bodily symptoms. It helps hugely. Big hugs. xx