PDA

View Full Version : First time poster

Howlingwolf
01-05-15, 13:17
Hey,

This is the first forum I've ever been on and the first time I've reached out for help with my anxiety. I had my first counselling session recently, which confirmed what I always thought: a range of trust issues and general anxiety disorder. However, they can not continue to support me as I am now leaving the University I was receiving this at due to completing my degree. I'm currently struggling with some relationship issues which my anxiety is making a lot worse. I guess I'm looking for someone I can talk to who isn't judgemental and is understanding of anxiety and how it can lead to excessive worrying thoughts.
I have found that talking through what I'm anxious about with someone else can help as they can ground me. I usually talk to my partner about this but when the worry involves my relationship I cannot as I feel like I'm always putting my burdens on them. I don't have any friends with anxiety or mental health issues and feel that I can't talk to them about all of this.
If there's anyone out there that doesn't mind a chat, I'm a good listener too. I need to make some more friends and I've never made any online before.

Hope someone can help!
Thanks for reading :)

venusbluejeans
01-05-15, 13:23
Hiya Howlingwolf and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: