PDA

View Full Version : Felt head rush or something while smoking.

JustBenn
01-05-15, 20:02
Dunno what the heck it was and felt the symptoms of a faint. But I distracted myself with my phone. And the feeling went away.

Can anyone tell me what that was.

Fishmanpa
01-05-15, 20:05
Nicotine rush or a lack of oxygen due to inhaling tobacco smoke. That *!#$ ain't good for ya!

Positive thoughts

KeeKee
01-05-15, 20:07
Isn't this what people used to call 'backie rush'?
As far as I know, completely normal whilst smoking. No personal experience though as I don't smoke.

JustBenn
01-05-15, 20:18
Isn't this what people used to call 'backie rush'?
As far as I know, completely normal whilst smoking. No personal experience though as I don't smoke.

Just have one question on the back of my mind. Im terrified if getting epilepsy. And was wondering if what I felt was a start of me having a seizure? As I said. The feeling went away after I distracted myself. Not sure if you can stop yourself from having a seizure.

KeeKee
01-05-15, 20:21
When I was a teen in school, absolutely loads of people got this 'backie rush'.
I don't believe this was the start of a seizure, honestly.
It's too much of a coincidence that this occured during smoking

anthrokid
02-05-15, 00:13
Not a seizure, just a rush from the chemicals you inhaled.

Serenity1990
02-05-15, 11:36
I am an ex-smoker, and still indulge very occasionally. When you haven't had one for a while, this happens. Especially in the morning, or on an empty stomach.

Don't worry. Though I have heard smoking is bad for your health, so it would be a good idea to try and quit.

OGNinjaDon
02-05-15, 23:59
Sounds like the chemicals. Though you are a smoker so getting a nicotine rush from a normal cig at a normal time is not massively likely.

I've had a few of these recently, and personally I think it's a feeling of panic, maybe caused by some chemicals, but as you are on a health anxiety forum it's likely from time to time you will feel something like this.

I find i get symptoms of panic when i try and relax and my body won't allow me to, so it can happen just sitting down for a sec, i will feel confused and then worry about something. It's likely you are allowing yourself to be relaxed and your mind won't let you, combined with the chemicals your brain goes 'Woah.. hang on a sec' then you realize there's nothing to worry about.

Just my opinion.