PDA

View Full Version : when fear takes hold

ella32
02-05-15, 08:44
Hi I am a 38 year old female who has had heart fears for a while now and it doesn't matter how many times I have been told my heart is fine I can't seem to get past the fear that it's not. Every day is some new chest pain and then the thoughts take over then the fear kicks in and its a cycle of panic and fear every day. How do I reassure myself that I'm ok instead of expecting it from my doctor. I had an ecg done Thursday and it came back normal how I don't know cause I had pain and pressure at that time.xx

feelthelove
02-05-15, 08:49
Its because the fear is taking over and the stress and tensed body is causing chest pains.

I can assure you that if you had an ecg done and its fine then it really is , because my father has had four heart attacks and when he suffered his first one so he thought he had an ecg and it picked up another heart attack which he wasn't aware of . So for yours to come back clear and fine then it really is fine .

ella32
02-05-15, 09:30
Thank you for replying. It's the biggest fear I have . I've had echos stress tests done and they have been clear in 2013 . I thought it would help me move on from heart fears but it hasn't.x

---------- Post added at 09:16 ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 ----------

I'm just so fed up of living in fear every day. Scared to do anything . The chest pains are getting me down. I'm not the same person. I can spend all day worrying about it. I was diagnosed by a psychiatrist as having a somatic disorder with obsessive thoughts . x

---------- Post added at 09:30 ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 ----------

I worry though that because I've been diagnosed with a somatic disorder that what if something is wrong and I'm dismissed cause of anxiety . It scares me it really does.xx