PDA

View Full Version : need some advice

sidiam
02-05-15, 15:38
I've read alot of the posts and hope that what I am going through are side effects. I've been ill for a long time and on medication for 12 years. I have also been hospitalized 3 times. I have been taking venlafaxine 75mgs for about 18 months, started with 37.50mgs. I have been out of the clinic for a few months and have been through some big upheavels recently. I saw a new psychiatrist and he said that I needed to go up to 150mgs ven. for it to help with my continued stress and anxiety. The last two weeks I have been taking 75mgs. in the morning and 37.50mgs in the evening. I am very nauseous and have lost my appetite. Since yesterday I have been on 75mgs twice a day. I feel terrible. Nauseous and exhausted as if I have got flu..chills, then hot and my face feels numb. I've been in bed all day and just keep dozing. I have to check my blood pressure (seems to be ok) and have to contact someone if I have a bad reaction. Trouble is I don't know how bad I have to feel.
You all seem alot younger than me but please send me a bit of advice and support.
Sxx

spawn
02-05-15, 20:41
Hi, I know when I was on Venlafaxine I felt terrible with every increase for around 7-10 days? I would have shakes, hot flushes, nausea etc I settled on 150mg and it did help me get back to normal. Hope this helps a little.