PDA

View Full Version : Depression

Avasmummy_x
02-05-15, 16:35
Does anyone have depression on pregabablin? I think I'm becoming quite badly depressed either that or just awful intrusive thoughts. Either way my mood is very low.

Does pregabalin help with depression or is it just anxiety? Don't think my doc will add any other medication with me being pregnant x

Dazza123
02-05-15, 16:49
I started feeling very down on it, so dropped to 2x75mg a day, and added Sertraline 50mg. Still a bit up in the air at the minute but definitely feel better.

SarahH
03-05-15, 18:39
I added Citalopram to my regime. But I can't say pregabalin made me low/depressed I think that was a separate issue. Pregabalin is NOT an anti-depressant.

Sarah

SmilingAlbert
04-05-15, 18:56
Hey avas,

Yes indeed, Preg is not an anti-D in theory; often it seems to help, especially when people are anxious too (quite a common combo!)

Don't think 'depression' is listed as a SE of Preg, though the list i so long and often absurd it wouldn't mean much if it was. I do know for a fact that 'depression' is listed as a side-effect of many/most anti-depressants, which is... interesting.

Albert

Avasmummy_x
04-05-15, 23:11
I think it's intrusive thoughts rather than bad depression the longer it's going on.

I am definitely becoming depressed over the agrophobia though. I can never leave my house alone so I'm left bored all the time, fed up of my same routine and lots of time to think negative thoughts. X

hanshan
05-05-15, 10:41
Hi Avasmummy,

Is there some kind of interest that you can study or research online (and not health anxiety symptoms - NMP posters are black belts at that)?

While you are getting better, the whole world can come to you via the internet.

Avasmummy_x
05-05-15, 22:55
I am looking at taking up some kind of hobby seen as though I'm
Constantly at home alone with my daughter doing the same routine day in day out due to the agoraphobia. Definitely need some kind of release!

I have ordered some adult colouring books which are meant to be great for stress and anxiety. Also starting new cbt sessions on Thursday x

hanshan
07-05-15, 10:40
Hi Avasmummy,

The colouring-in will be good to relieve anxiety, but is there some interest that you can make your own? Not that I want to push you in any direction, but family history research is something you can do via the internet, and is also something of value that you can pass on to your children. But there are other possibilities ...

MyNameIsTerry
08-05-15, 04:30
Hi AV,

There are also Mindful Art Therapy books some of which use something called Zentangle.

See this thread:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=168827

There is a free WikiHow link in there but there is plenty online about different patterns.

Avasmummy_x
08-05-15, 09:56
Thanks everyone I start cbt again on the 18th so that's good.

Another thing I'll ask do some of you get wierd thoughts that feel like voices but they're voices when you go bed? I had high anxiety last night cause of the election and I went bed layed down and I can remember my thoughts speaking to me it sounded so loud but they were just thoughts. I can't even remember what it said lol. I've heard anxiety can cause this but now my skitzafrenia fear it back lol

Gee-SP
08-05-15, 10:09
Hi
I can highly recommend the adult colouring books. A great one is Animal Kingdom by Millie Marotta, it's quite a challenge but great fun :)

MyNameIsTerry
08-05-15, 10:20
Hi AV,

Yes, I've had that with my intrusive thoughts. Do you think they became more noticably because it was a quieter area?

If your anxiety was higher, it could cause your senses to sharpen as well as thats part of the fight or flight response (this decreases substantially as you recover).

I think if they were truly bothering you, you would spend a load of time questioning what they are, what do they mean, etc so I think that is a good sign that you are getting somewhere with dealing with them. A couple of months back something like that would have really affected you, I can remember talking to you about it on your threads. So, something to celebrate there!

---------- Post added at 10:20 ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 ----------

Hi
I can highly recommend the adult colouring books. A great one is Animal Kingdom by Millie Marotta, it's quite a challenge but great fun :)

Wow, cool book, Gee. They have a Zen colouring book in Tesco at the moment, the Zentangle drawing book has gone, but its more basic patterns nothing anywhere near as cool as that one you recommended!

Avasmummy_x
13-05-15, 19:29
Thanks for your replies everyone. I've not had it again since tonight.

Seen to get it whenever I feel low but it seems to wear off within about 24hours.

Feeling very up and down at the mo!