PDA

View Full Version : Irritable Bowel syndrome

karen lynch
23-01-07, 17:11
Hi there

Iwas interested to know if any of you suffer from this (ibs)and I am looking for any tips at all on how to cope with this and a panic attack at the same time when not at home?[:I]

karen lynch

mingsy
23-01-07, 17:51
Hi Karen
I suffer from IBS, mine is constant diahorrea with awful pain, have been known to go up to ten times or more a day, used to take imodium which stopped it and always took imodium instants if I had to go anywhere. But there is good news saw a new consultant about a month ago had a colonoscopy and biopsy, nothing unusual was found and he asked if I had ever been prescribed QUESTRAN, said no just really been told certain food avoidance like things with seeds in and dairy which made no difference to me. He said that one of the things that could cause my symptoms was the gallblader not producing enough bile to digest food, and to try questran a powder sprinkled onto water, it used to be used to treat high cholesterol and stops the body from digesting fat.
Well all I can say I wish I was prescribe this years ago, I have been symptom free for a month now, even when my anxiety is at its worse.
I hope that this will give you some hope.

JANE

nomorepanic
23-01-07, 18:31
Try this from the website...

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=ibs)

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

ro44
24-01-07, 02:23
Just wondering if any of you with IBS eat anything with sorbitol in it? I have a friend who has had diarrhea and stomach problems for over a year. He went to a new doctor the other day who asked him if he chewed gum or ate breath mints. He told the doctor that he did eat breath mints all the time. He has stopped them and all his symptoms went away. It turned out that the mints he was eating contained sorbitol. Sorbitol can work like a laxative if you consume a lot of it. Luckily for him he found out the mints were the culprit. Just thought this might help someone out there. Sorbitol is also in gum and other products.

Rhonda

peach
24-01-07, 03:23
hi,
im an ibs sufferer..i so wish it was due to chewing gum, but sadly, i dont chew gum at all, or mints for that matter...
my doc told me, that its not what we eat, but that our colon just doent work like it should sometimes...i can eat like chocolate and have no probs one day, but eat same chocolate the next day, and end up in terrible pain...
im going to ask my doc about questran..sounds interesting!

ive also found that ibs sufferers also are very prone to suffering from anxiety as well...
feel free to message me if you have any queries..ive had ibs for about 6 years now...

karen lynch
24-01-07, 11:47
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">hi,
im an ibs sufferer..i so wish it was due to chewing gum, but sadly, i dont chew gum at all, or mints for that matter...
my doc told me, that its not what we eat, but that our colon just doent work like it should sometimes...i can eat like chocolate and have no probs one day, but eat same chocolate the next day, and end up in terrible pain...

ive also found that ibs sufferers also are very prone to suffering from anxiety as well...
feel free to message me if you have any queries..ive had ibs for about 6 years now...

<div align="right">Originally posted by peach - 24 January 2007 : 03:23:16</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

karen lynch

karen lynch
24-01-07, 11:48
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi Karen
I suffer from IBS, mine is constant diahorrea with awful pain, have been known to go up to ten times or more a day, used to take imodium which stopped it and always took imodium instants if I had to go anywhere. But there is good news saw a new consultant about a month ago had a colonoscopy and biopsy, nothing unusual was found and he asked if I had ever been prescribed QUESTRAN, said no just really been told certain food avoidance like things with seeds in and dairy which made no difference to me. He said that one of the things that could cause my symptoms was the gallblader not producing enough bile to digest food, and to try questran a powder sprinkled onto water, it used to be used to treat high cholesterol and stops the body from digesting fat.
Well all I can say I wish I was prescribe this years ago, I have been symptom free for a month now, even when my anxiety is at its worse.
I hope that this will give you some hope.

JANE

<div align="right">Originally posted by mingsy - 23 January 2007 : 17:51:11</div id="right">

Hi Jane thanks for that I think I will ask my doctor about that. thanks

karen lynch

karen lynch
24-01-07, 11:52
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">[quote]hi,

<div align="right">Originally posted by peach - 24 January 2007 : 03:23:16</div id="right">

karen lynch

<div align="right">Originally posted by karen lynch - 24 January 2007 : 11:47:00</div id="right">
Hi there! no I don't eat chewing gum but Iwould have always thought that mint helped your digestive system?

karen lynch