PDA

View Full Version : Frustrating Gad

Pipsy
02-05-15, 22:17
Hi there I'm Pippa Pips for short. I suffer with Generalised anxiety disorder and obsessive worry. I was on this fantastic site a few years ago.:yesyes: My anxiety/worry although always there has become such a struggle to cope with. My main anxieties seem to be focused around losing a loved one for instance if my partner hasn't returned my text I've practicaly killed him off in my head. Normally all that's happened is he's fallen asleep! I'm so tired and mentally drained with imagining the worst.:blush: Does anyone else do this? Many Thanks. Pips X:blush:

venusbluejeans
02-05-15, 22:22
Hiya Pipsy and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

PanicAttackGurl
03-05-15, 03:58
Hi and welcome Pipsy,

Its called Catastrophic thinking and is quiet common with anxiety disorders. It is what happens when people assume the the worst possible outcome. These thoughts can feel very real because of the emotions you are using to associate it with. It is a type of negative thinking. There is a link in the Panic forum, called a sticky thread to CBT workbooks also known as Cognitive behavioral therapy. That will help you learn how to change your thinking to something more positive. Hope this helps you. :hugs: