PDA

View Full Version : back too being scared too go too sleep

crazymum25
02-05-15, 23:54
Yes sudden death or a fear if death I have I can't just get over it like everyone tells me too the feeling or knowing I'm scared off actually I'm scared full stop I'm 26 years old apparently healthy although I doubt it I'm forever checking my pulse and even trying too give up smoking ad it's the only bad habit I have prob the worse habbit actually ..... My parents are sick of hearing my negative thoughts and they are worried I'm going too get sectioned or worse my kids getting taken off me because im living in constant fear

Emilym80
03-05-15, 01:46
Hi there,

I'm struggling with this too, ATM. However, the majority of causes of Sudden Cardiac Death will be detected on an ECG as an abnormality- most people who have a sudden death have never had any cardiac testing.

These conditions also run in families so you would probably have a family history of sudden death at a young age or warning signs at the very least.

Hopefully that helps somewhat :)

Sam123
03-05-15, 15:35
I think to everyone the thought of sudden death or dying young is scary. It's a problem when we are fixated on it and believe it's going to happen with absolutely no reason to think so. All part of anxiety and thought patterns.

I've been there and still am occasionally, and i know it's hard to explain and even harder to get out of your mind.

You're very young still like me and you don't want to live/waste the rest of your life feeling like this. You don't want to look back and think all that time spent in fear, worrying over something that hasn't happened wishing you enjoyed life.

You have kids as well all the more reason to keep determined and motivated to get better. Are you having any therapy?

crazymum25
03-05-15, 22:11
No thearpy can't afford it .. Yes everyone's being effected by this issue I'm really not that young im 26 years old ..... But really age doesn't matter now a days

Sam123
03-05-15, 22:50
You don't have to pay for CBT in the U.K. You can be referred through your GP. 26 really is young.

crazymum25
03-05-15, 22:54
I no people WHO dropped down dead at school age college age my age and younger ..... Its all lottery and everyday I fear its my time that's if I sleep too ..... So hard not fair on my kids my bf dumped me thinks I'm crazy and today I've missed him ..... Finding it even harder ......

Sam123
03-05-15, 23:33
You don't seem to want to listen to any advice or attempt to think positive at all, which means you're just going to get even worse with your anxiety.

You are young, that's a fact. Just because you knew or know of a person/people who died suddenly at a young age does not mean you are likely to die. Infact, seen as you don't have a physical condition which you know of, have probably had many tests the chances of you Dropping down dead are extremely, extremely tiny. Very unrealistic and you know this deep down.

You're feeding all your negative thoughts, surely you cannot like the way you feel everyday? Well this won't change unless you do, you need to realise that there isn;t anything wrong with you, it is anxiety ect causing your symptoms and get help for it.

You can be referred for Therapy by your GP, have you spoken to them about all of your thoughts?

Sorry if this sounds harsh but feeding your anxiety isn't going to help you at all. I'm sorry to hear about your situation it must be difficult, you need to get help and really focus on getting better for your sake and your kids.

:hugs:

BumbleGirl
04-05-15, 00:05
Hello. I have had this fear before and been so scared I haven't slept for days. It makes you feel so ill and that in turn makes you panic more! Three years ago my aunty died of sudden adult death when she was nearly 50 and I was so scared that something like that would happen to me or other family members. I had an ECG as did a few other family members and we are all fine. If you are that worried have an ECG. I'm sure you're fine but it would put your mind at rest and an ECG is very simple and quick xx

crazymum25
04-05-15, 00:17
I've had a number of ECG done about 8 all been ok had my bloods done all been ok twice but I know myself and I know I'm not well stall... Right now I have a chest infection which I'm sure will result into death panic all the time don't sleep my legs really hurt today too maybe a blood clot ... I've been checked out for one a couple weeks ago but you never know

Lostinthought...
04-05-15, 01:07
Sorry to hear you are feeling so bad, really sounds beyond tough. I've been here with this fear and it ain't pretty and no matter what anyone says to you you can't accept it. Got me it started with constant coverage of this syndrome on the news abt footballers and other sports players dropping dead. These stories don't do us sufferers any good. I'm not sure how I got over this fear, think it just faded out but of course I've now new illnesses developing lol for me personally sudden adult death fear has been by far the scariest! The thought of been there one second and gone the next is scared. But I think we got to remember that this is a rare occurrence that the media like to exaggerate. Also these people have defects that would have been picked up on if had tests.
You should try get support from nhs for counselling. See you taking any meds to help you with this? Perhaps some supplements?