PDA

View Full Version : I got told off by a paramedic today!

Uncertain27
03-05-15, 00:36
She was treating someone on a bus and I asked her what was going on, thinking I might be able to help. I've often seen it mentioned online that you should offer (and I think people said they had) if it's community paramedics who are on their own. I kind of think those people might have been trolling!!

Good news - I seem to have finally found a job, and no longer share a room with my sister at 25! :)
Bad news - I certainly don't have low self-esteem right now so I must just be strange...

MyNameIsTerry
03-05-15, 06:44
Well done on the job front!

The para was probably have a tough day, its a hard job afterall. I would dismiss it.

I had to laugh yesterday when one of those out of hours doctors cars went past me which revealed an overweight GP with a fag in one hand. What a cracking poster boy for the NHS :roflmao:

Uncertain27
03-05-15, 17:20
Well done on the job front!

The para was probably have a tough day, its a hard job afterall. I would dismiss it.

I had to laugh yesterday when one of those out of hours doctors cars went past me which revealed an overweight GP with a fag in one hand. What a cracking poster boy for the NHS :roflmao:

Thanks. She seemed okay to me apart from the fact some nosey weirdo was getting in her way while she was trying to work!! Maybe a little bit too much self-esteem? I admit I've watched before if it wasn't too obvious, but nothing else.
:whistles:
On the positive side - it wasn't near work and I wouldn't film incidents on my phone except maybe to identify a criminal. And even then I'd show the local police, not YouTube or Facebook!! :unsure:

zeros
03-05-15, 21:32
Congrats on the job! That's great news.

Uncertain27
16-07-15, 23:57
Ok Terry, I 'dismissed it' and tried again next time I saw something like that. Same thing happened! I hope it wouldn't make me a bad person to just ignore it next time, before I get arrested for being a public nuisance or something? :blush:

MyNameIsTerry
17-07-15, 06:47
You got told off for trying to help again? It seems like the paras in your area are a bit arsey!

Do you mean just walk past and not offer to help now? I can understand how you feel but if you feel you need to try to help, I really can't see how thats a bad thing. The para can just say no and thats the end of it. If they are rude or aggressive then if it keeps happening there is always the complaint route.

Uncertain27
18-07-15, 21:49
Yeah just ignore it, like most people do if they even notice!! It's not like I'm filming them on my phone or anything else disrespectful. And they didn't say it aggressively, just in a reasonable "stay out of the way and let the professionals do their job" manner! :o

.Poppy.
20-07-15, 00:56
Are you asking if they need any help, or are you asking "what's going on?"

The first may be a little more welcome, as in if they needed you to do a small task, they could ask you to. The second may seem like you're just nosing in and curious, but not as willing to help.

Either way, you can either offer and prepare to be told no, or you can just go on your way. As long as there is a paramedic on the scene it's totally up to you how helpful you want to be.

Uncertain27
20-07-15, 21:47
Are you asking if they need any help, or are you asking "what's going on?"

The first may be a little more welcome, as in if they needed you to do a small task, they could ask you to. The second may seem like you're just nosing in and curious, but not as willing to help.

Either way, you can either offer and prepare to be told no, or you can just go on your way. As long as there is a paramedic on the scene it's totally up to you how helpful you want to be.
Actually, I asked both because I wouldn't be much use with no idea what was going on, would I? :) And fact is I AM a somewhat weird and intrusive person, my brother is really annoyed with me checking on him or his girlfriend and people online often give me hate comments for telling them that I think violence is wrong.

Uncertain27
16-08-15, 20:03
Okay, I am definitely annoying!! A couple of weeks ago, I was on the way back to the bus stop after work and there was a minor road accident. The woman who crashed her car was hysterically freaking out* so I went over and someone else there said she was a first aider. I said "me too" or something, offered to call an ambulance and asked if there was anything I could do. For some reason I didn't just walk away once the other woman said she knew what she was doing. She had to actually TELL me to!! :blush:

*alright I am totally paranoid and perhaps she'd just had a bad day at work or something.

---------- Post added at 20:03 ---------- Previous post was at 19:56 ----------

Although I haven't yet been fired or punched in the face, and would much rather annoy all the people I check on when they don't need anything than ignore the one who might!! :)