PDA

View Full Version : Some rational advice please?

Sam123
03-05-15, 09:59
So basically i've sent my partner off this morning to the Eye hospital having him believe he may never be able to see again!

I'm scared and wanted him to get it seen to as i'm worried it's something quite serious, but i could have handled it better. :weep:

Basically he's always had problems with his eyes, always getting stye's and swollen eyelids ect.

The last week or so his right eye only has become painful to open, sensitive to any light, the upper eyelid is red and swollen, his eye is bloodshot and watering constantly. He says it sometimes feels like there's something in there, but there isn't. This has happened often, it will go and then re-appear in a few weeks.

Any idea's? Hayfever and conjunctivitis we have sort of ruled out due to not matching the symptoms.
We're going away in 5 weeks and if he can't see properly and is in pain it's going to ruin it :wall:

My mind went straight to serious eye conditions where he will lose his sight. Him being the more positive and rational one, doesn't seem worried at all.

Davit
03-05-15, 10:22
Styes are staph infection. It can be chronic. He is too young to have cataracts, I had both eyes done. What about glaucoma. That can be early.
Tobradex are antibiotic eye drops but prescription only. Good if you have a scratch or cut. Pontacaine will take the pain away but not make seeing any better.
So are you going to leave it up to the Doctor?
You are taking a step back in your progress and that is not good to start, you will undo your gains. Yes I know I'm nagging.

Sam123
03-05-15, 10:27
:roflmao:

Yes i'm pacing around waiting to hear from him. It may take a few tests before they know for sure as i know a lot of eye conditions have quite similar signs. I think this just reignited a worry, that something 'will go wrong' before our holiday. Back to thinking the worst for a brief while.

He isn't worried, 'It will be fine' the usual. If it were me, with that eye.. :ohmy: well i can't say i'd be as calm about it.

Positive thinking :doh:

Sam123
03-05-15, 14:44
He has Blepharitis they think caused by skin condition Rosacea. They said there's some retina damage. Although both eyes have perfect vision.

He's been given some steroid stuff and eye drops.

Not great news but not the worst, feeling much better.

I did tell him 6 months ago it would be that.. hate being right :roflmao:

MyNameIsTerry
04-05-15, 04:56
Hi Sam,

It's like an "opposites attract" in a health context!

Yes, your reaction is too far to the anxious end of the scale but his is too far to the other end. Anyone having a problem like that would have headed off for treatment ages ago.

So, perhaps don't be too hard on yourself because he was too relaxed and will make your reaction seem more extreme that it perhaps is.

Sam123
04-05-15, 09:20
Very true Terry, following on from the Personality test we are both opposite ends of the spectrum. He's veryyyy laid back :mad: takes a lot for him to get 'worried' over anything which has been difficult in the past with me being such a negative nute :D

We seem to balance each other out so that's good.

Davit
04-05-15, 09:34
Thank you, I was going to ask today, so this is relief to more than just you lol.

MyNameIsTerry
04-05-15, 10:39
Ah Sam, so basically you need more relaxation and he needs some therapeutic nagging and you will soon meet in the middle.

Sam123
04-05-15, 10:53
Yes exactly that :yesyes: