PDA

View Full Version : New to chat rooms!

rufus
23-01-07, 19:55
Hi everyone, just thought I'd say hello as I'm new to this.

briefly, I'm suffering from anxiety and panic which is quite bad at the moment - becoming agoraphobic and avoiding most things. I've had it bad for about 2 months now and the last time was about 3 yrs ago.

I've tried various alternative therapies but not CBT or medication. Today I finally acknowledged I should visit my GP to at least discuss it. I've always been a bit cynical about GPs and the help I've received in the past and have tended to think I've got to sort the problem out myslef.

Hopefully, more is known about the condidtion now and I'll get better advice.

Looking forward to exchanging some friendly chat with everyone and offering helpful suggestions to others - if I finally have some positive help!

nomorepanic
23-01-07, 19:59
Hey Rufus

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

You will meet some fab people and get loads of help

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

honeybee3939
23-01-07, 20:02
Hi Rufus

And a BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here. im sure you will get some great advice, while making new friends on the way.:D

Take a look at the first step pages also rufus, you may find them of interest
First Steps:
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

domino
23-01-07, 21:06
Hi rufus, you will get there ,with g.p. help and from your friends on n.m.p.

Lindalou64
23-01-07, 22:23
HI RUFUS,
WELCOME IM SURE YOU WILL FIND LOTS OF SUPPORT AND INFO....WISH YA THE BEST........LINDA[8D]

manmoor
23-01-07, 22:48
Hi Rufus,

A big warm welcome to you.

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

kazzie
23-01-07, 23:43
WELCOME RUFUS

LUV KAZ X X

ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE!!!!!!

sal
23-01-07, 23:45
Hi Rufus

U have found a great site and you will get lots of help and support.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

wobily_lin
24-01-07, 14:16
elo Rufus,

A big welcome to the site...great support and advice here x

Take care,
Lin xxx
"Fear is dat lil darkroom, wer negatives r developed", so positive thoughts okies!!!!!

mazz
24-01-07, 16:57
Hi Rufus welcome aboard this great site
Mazz

jo61
24-01-07, 17:02
Hi Rufus, you'll find great help and support here. We're all in the same boat at the end of the day.

Love Jo

rufus
24-01-07, 17:45
Thanks everyone for such a warm welcome and words of encouragement. Since looking at the site yesterday I've already tried some off the positive thinking techniques and have had a better day today - actually managed to have a cup of coffee with a friend at her house and stayed for 40 minutes which I wouldn't have done a few days ago.

speak again soon.