PDA

View Full Version : Lacy

choccie
03-05-15, 14:13
Hi

I am new here, but just want to say that I have suffered health anxiety for over 20 years. I have had periods of times in the past when it has lessened for a time, but just lately it appears to be constant. It is ruining my life as everything is ruled by my anxiety and how it makes me think and feel. I have been on Prozac for many years and it appeared to be effective for a long time, but not any more. I did try coming off it but terrible side effects. I then tried mirtazapine, which really seemed to work with regards to mood, but made me too sleepy and extremely hungry (and my weight is something I need to control) so discontinued this one. Then tried venlafaxine, but this had the opposite effect and I couldn't sleep and became very constipated. I think it may have dampened the anxiety a little, but again I was not on it long enough. Anyway I am now back on Prozac, but anxiety is terrible. Also being obsessed with health concerns also led me to read about anti-depressants and I am now scared about all the effects that they have in my body. So fed up and so scared all the time. Will it ever end?

venusbluejeans
03-05-15, 14:19
Hiya choccie and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: