PDA

View Full Version : screaming back at the abusers

ade
23-01-07, 21:36
last nights nightmares were a familiar pattern,sudden waking followed by hours of panic and fear,then slipping back into exhausted sleep.in this sleep the nightmares worsen.this time i screamed the name of one of the abusers in what was a religious building,i awoke immediately and felt the soaked bed around me.i jumped up,spinning dizzy with a pounding heart and a sense of utter devastation.screaming out at them seems like a triumph,i guess it is,but the fear involved in facing them is like being beaten black and blue.still,i managed to get my daughter to school
got home (with babba aswell),gave beth a bottle,then collapsed into bed when my wife took over the babycare.
tired of being tired sick of being sick
ade

darkangel
23-01-07, 21:42
hi ade

well done for still getting your daughter to school but no wonder you were exhausted. Can I ask, are you getting any treatment for the flashbacks ? The reason im asking is I got a series of EMDR for flashbacks through the NHS and it helped vastly. Is this something you have tried?

Take care and hope you have a more peaceful night tonight

Darkangel x

........life is for living not just for surviving

ade
23-01-07, 22:28
thanks dark angel
emdr didnt help,but i am seeing a wonderful psychologist.the trauma that caused these flashbacks was very severe
i wish i could open up about it more,its just so bloody horrible and tragic
it scares some people away!
thanks again honey bee
ade

darkangel
24-01-07, 09:39
hi ade

Thats great you have a good psychologist and I hope you will find peace.

Take care

Darkangel x

........life is for living not just for surviving

Lynnann
24-01-07, 12:25
Ade,

I am so sorry you had such a rough nigt last night, we both know how hard the nightmares are to bear:(:(

I am so glad you have your wife and beautiful daughters to help to ground you again.

so I am sending you (((((((((BIG HUGS)))))))))))

Lynnann

Have sent you an e-mail

simonk
06-02-07, 17:10
Ade,

Re the rewind therapy. I have had personal experience of this, fortunately for a far less traumatic experience. After the session, although I still could picture individual pictures of the events, I could no longer put them in any order, and the overall effect was lessened considerably. The way it ws explained to me, the mind stores the events and the feelings associated with an event, and by rewinding the eventswith a skilled practitioner you can mix-up the memory and re-associate it with the feelings now, and not the feelings then.

It worked well for me.

Very best of luck
Simon