PDA

View Full Version : Daughter chewing food excessively - worried

sarahando16
03-05-15, 17:38
Hi I have suffered from health anxiety in the past and I am currently back on citolapram due to a couple of things going on, one being my daughter who is chewing her food excessively, taking nearly an hour and half to eat anything.

She chews her food until it's liquid, I am worried sick, it's been going on for a couple of weeks. She has her exams coming up soon, whether it's her stress coming out as this.

I would love to hear if anybody else has had this problem. Thanks for reading my post.
Xxx

sarahando16
04-05-15, 12:48
Anyone please

worrywart29
05-05-15, 05:19
I would think that would be a good thing it lower her risk of choking at least. My son is three and pretty much swallow his food whole I have to keep reminding him to chew and it worry me that he may choke. I don't think her taking a while to chew is a problem.

Emilym80
05-05-15, 08:47
I definitely did this kind of thing in school when I was nervous or stressed about exams etc. I'd have no appetite and chew really slowly to make eating more manageable (mum was usually forcing me to eat anyway).

Maybe see if she's doing better after her exams and make sure she's got a good work/personal time balance.

Best of luck to you both :)

sarahando16
05-05-15, 11:19
Thank you so much for your replies. Its just nice to hear what somebody else thinks.
xxxxxxxxxxx